10 Fun Facts About Stanford University

Looking to apply to Stanford University in the Fall? Or maybe you’ve already been accepted! Regardless, here are some fun facts and student traditions you need to know about Stanford, one of the best colleges in the country.  

1. Fountain Hopping

Stanford has a long history of fountain hopping , which is the tradition of jumping in water fountains around campus. It literally involves getting your feet wet, trying to create whirlpools. This activity is usually done by almost all freshman during New Student Orientation and Admit Weekend.

2. Hoover Tower

The Hoover Tower at Stanford is a landmark for both students and visitors. The tower was a gift from the Belgian- American Education Foundation and is part of  Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace,  a Stanford-affiliated public policy research center founded by Herbert Hoover. Herbert Hoover was a Stanford alumni and the 31st president of the United States.

stanford2020

Accepted to Stanford, Princeton, MIT, UC Berkeley, Columbia

So excited to be a part of Stanford's Class of 2020! Would love to help you achieve your dreams too!
gw1998

Accepted to Stanford, UChicago, Brown, Notre Dame

Hey! I'm a freshman at Stanford University. After navigating the application process alone as an international student, I hope to pass on help and advice for future students! I'm currently undeclared and am excited to explore the wider world at Stanford.

UNC Writing Supplement Essay Prompts 2017-2018

Due to its popularity among in-state and out-of-state students, the University of North Carolina is one of the most competitive public universities in the US. The University of North Carolina is the oldest public university...

College Rejection: Understanding the Tufts Syndrome

Ever heard of the term Tufts Syndrome? One of our recently graduated high school interns have and Aditya wants to share with you what it means and how it affects your application. Getting rejected from...

MIT 2017-2018 Essay Prompts
MIT 2017-2018 Essay Prompts

Applying to MIT this fall? Check out the 2017-2018 MIT essay prompts!If MIT is your dream school, you should already know that MIT does not use the Common Application. Instead, they have their own...