Stressed About College Applications? You’re Not Alone!

Thousands of high school students go through the application process every year. Almost any student has the same concern: how to stand out on their application.  Lisette and Abby are two high school juniors who shared some advice about how to stand out on your application in ways that schools will notice. Both Abby and Lisette both point out that high school involvement and hard work are two keys to success.

Abby Says:

It is still important to make your applications look as good as possible no matter how easy it is to be accepted. You have to go above and beyond that school’s expectations. They require a 25 on the ACT? Shoot for a 30. Work hard for the best grades possible, do not just slough through high school. Get involved with two, three, four clubs, and try your hand at sports. Don’t limit yourself with anything. You want to make sure that you stand out in all aspects so that you can increase your chances of being accepted into the college you choose.

Lisette’s Advice:

Selecting schools and applying for college is an extremely frustrating couple of months. Many selective schools look for students who have good grades and high-standardized test scores. This can be a problem for many students, but fortunately not so much for me. Because I am applying to selective schools in the Chicagoland area, competitiveness is key. There are many students who probably have the same grade point average, same standardized test scores, and similar story that I have. So, how do I stand out from the rest of them? I have learned that being involved and taking positive opportunities to network and build leadership skills can help you, but this is not all. A student that stands out in all areas of life is something I believe all students should aim for, to attend the school they wish.

AdmitSee is also a great resource to use when applying to college. Thousands of students attending the top colleges in the country have created profiles for you to view and see how they stood out on their applications. So don’t stress out, and tackle college applications with ease!

elewal

Accepted to Brown, Cornell, CMU, Wesleyan, William & Mary, Case, Villanova, Binghamton, RPI, WPI

Hi! I'm a sophomore at Brown University studying Biochemistry and English. I love writing, baking, hiking, and music.
ashleyzo

Accepted to USC, Dartmouth, Emory, UMich, Rochester, Lehigh, Miami, Alabama, Ole Miss

Hi! I'm a college freshman who was accepted to some of the best universities in the country (most likely due to my essays). Feel free to ask any questions!
jpm13
Rochester ‘20

Accepted to Rochester, Rutgers, Fordham, College of NJ, Drexel

Hey! I'm a freshman at University of Rochester Class of 2020 interested in double majoring in Biology and Spanish, eventually applying to med school. I'm passionate about studying science, doing research and learning new languages.
MichaelR

Accepted to Columbia, Dartmouth, Cornell, UC Berkeley, Johns Hopkins, Vanderbilt, Rice, UMich, UCLA, UNC, UT Austin, Washington, Ohio State, UCSD

Midwestern kid who loves molecular biology and electronic dance music. Let me help you edit your essays!

842 Early Applicants Join Yale University's Class of 2022
842 Early Applicants Join Yale University’s Class of 2022

On December 14th, 842 early applicants were offered admissions to be a part of Yale University’s Class of 2022. Yale University accepted 14.6% of the 5,733 candidates that applied to Yale’s early action program. Yale’s early...

Harvard University Class of 2022 Early Admission Results Are In!

On Tuesday, Harvard University released its early admissions decisions for the Class of 2022 and accepted 14.5% of early applicants. This year 6,630 students applied for admission under the Early Action program, and 964 applicants were accepted into Harvard’...

Tips for New AdmitSee College Users
Tips for New AdmitSee College Users

Welcome to AdmitSee, College Students! As you transition from high school student to college student in real life, you should do the same on AdmitSee. Here are our tips on what to include, how to...