Studying Abroad: From a Dream to Reality

So you want to study abroad during college, but don’t know how to make it happen?  Ellen, a UCLA student, tells us how she made her dream of studying abroad a reality for this summer!

Studying at UCLA is great. Being from Northern California, Los Angeles is a new city to me and I love exploring its sights as I continue my education there. However, this summer I will be studying in an even more unfamiliar environment. I am excited to say that I will be studying in Hong Kong and Shanghai as part of the HKU Global Business in Asia program this summer!

Since high school, it has been a goal of mine to study abroad sometime during my college career. UCLA offers many opportunities to do so, including through the entire UC Education Abroad Program and through UCLA’s own campus-specific travel study options. As someone interested in business, especially overseas, the Global Business in Asia program seemed perfect for me. The UCEAP office oversees this program, and has done an amazing job supporting the students with the information needed to study abroad. I am really looking forward to this summer and exploring more study abroad opportunities during the rest of my two years at UCLA. 

To read more about Ellen, visit her AdmitSee Profile!

VivienneEve23

Accepted to UC Berkeley, Brown, Claremont (CMC), Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Northwestern, Pomona, Stanford, San Diego, Vanderbilt, UCSC, UCSB, UCSD, UCLA, Cal Poly, Cal Poly Pomona, Washington

UC Berkeley Class of 2020
BrownDomer
Notre Dame ‘20

Accepted to BU, Emory, Swarthmore, Notre Dame

Hello! I'm an international student from Ethiopia and I'll be majoring in Biology. I'd love to share all the tips and tricks I've learned from my rather unique college application experience with you!

UCLA Class of 2020. Orange County native.
cerealjess

Accepted to Brown, Vanderbilt, Smith, Harvey Mudd, Washington, UC Berkeley, Duke, UCLA, Swarthmore

I'm a daydreamer passionate about societal transformation... who also happens to spend way too much time watching makeup tutorials.