Studying Abroad: From a Dream to Reality

So you want to study abroad during college, but don’t know how to make it happen?  Ellen, a UCLA student, tells us how she made her dream of studying abroad a reality for this summer!

Studying at UCLA is great. Being from Northern California, Los Angeles is a new city to me and I love exploring its sights as I continue my education there. However, this summer I will be studying in an even more unfamiliar environment. I am excited to say that I will be studying in Hong Kong and Shanghai as part of the HKU Global Business in Asia program this summer!

Since high school, it has been a goal of mine to study abroad sometime during my college career. UCLA offers many opportunities to do so, including through the entire UC Education Abroad Program and through UCLA’s own campus-specific travel study options. As someone interested in business, especially overseas, the Global Business in Asia program seemed perfect for me. The UCEAP office oversees this program, and has done an amazing job supporting the students with the information needed to study abroad. I am really looking forward to this summer and exploring more study abroad opportunities during the rest of my two years at UCLA. 

To read more about Ellen, visit her AdmitSee Profile!

mm0222
Cornell

Accepted to Cornell, BC, BU, UMich

Global and Public Health Sciences major at Cornell University
hulya559
Harvard

Accepted to Harvard, Dartmouth, UC Berkeley, Emory, USC

Hi! I'm a Harvard PreFrosh interested in service, economics, math, and philosophy excited to help you.
arn.s.wu
UCSB

Accepted to UCSB, Emory, BC, Tulane, UC Irvine, Santa Clara, UCSC, SDSU

I'm a first generation college student starting a physics major at UCSB this fall.
niathuravil
Rutgers

Accepted to Rutgers, NYU, Fordham, UMass, Colorado, MSU, Illinois, Arizona, Washington

Your local dancing astronaut with a passion for the political things in life.