Studying Abroad: From a Dream to Reality

So you want to study abroad during college, but don’t know how to make it happen?  Ellen, a UCLA student, tells us how she made her dream of studying abroad a reality for this summer!

Studying at UCLA is great. Being from Northern California, Los Angeles is a new city to me and I love exploring its sights as I continue my education there. However, this summer I will be studying in an even more unfamiliar environment. I am excited to say that I will be studying in Hong Kong and Shanghai as part of the HKU Global Business in Asia program this summer!

Since high school, it has been a goal of mine to study abroad sometime during my college career. UCLA offers many opportunities to do so, including through the entire UC Education Abroad Program and through UCLA’s own campus-specific travel study options. As someone interested in business, especially overseas, the Global Business in Asia program seemed perfect for me. The UCEAP office oversees this program, and has done an amazing job supporting the students with the information needed to study abroad. I am really looking forward to this summer and exploring more study abroad opportunities during the rest of my two years at UCLA. 

To read more about Ellen, visit her AdmitSee Profile!

kltaylor96

Accepted to Duke, Northwestern, Elon , William & Mary, Centre, Campbell

I am someone who always shoots for the moon so that if I miss, I will land among the stars.
Isandres2

Accepted to Utah, Colorado, Colby, Williams, SMCVT

Hi! I go by Izi and I am a current student at Williams College Class of 2019. I hope to be a biology or sociology major with a neuroscience concentration. I am on the NCAA Division 1 alpine ski team here.
niathuravil
Rutgers ‘20

Accepted to Rutgers, NYU, Fordham, UMass, Colorado, MSU, Illinois, Arizona, Washington

Your local political astronaut with a passion for the prolific things in life.