The Nation’s 25 Schools with the Highest SAT/ACT Scores

Earlier this week, released a study profiling 25 U.S. high schools with the highest SAT and ACT scores. It probably surprises no one that fewer than half the schools that made the list were public schools. Even then, most of the public schools named are highly selective, magnet schools or are located in affluent neighborhoods. If you look at the map representation, most schools are clustered in the Northeast with only Illinois and Michigan representing the Midwest, Florida the South, and California the West.

Infographic provided by
Infographic provided by

This glaring imbalance emphasizes not only the disadvantage kids who attend public schools face compared to their private school cohorts, it also sheds light on geographic regional asymmetry for students who don’t live in coastal states. Presumably, schools whose students score higher on the SAT/ACT also grant more weight to college admission. This only further demonstrates the need for admissions help and application consultation that is wider reaching and more accessible for all. is trying to address that need. We not only help top students get accepted to the best schools in the country, we also aim to close that gap by offering profiles that represent a broad cross section of the nation’s student population so each applicant can find an Admit—just like them—who got in.

Accepted to Cornell, CMU, Northwestern, Johns Hopkins, UCSD, UCSB, UC Irvine

Cornell Engineering '19

Accepted to Cambridge, Stanford, Princeton, Yale, Brown, UPenn, Columbia, UC Berkeley, UCLA, Swarthmore, Barnard, Wellesley, Duke, NYU, BU

overly ambitious, passionately curious, helplessly perfectionistic

WashU ‘20

Accepted to WashU, CMU, GA Tech, UGA

Aspiring Communication Design and Computer Science student, food lover extraordinaire

Duke Supplemental Essay Prompts & Examples

Thinking about applying to Duke this Fall? Check out Duke’s supplemental essay prompts and examples from the 2017-2018 application cycle.Duke Application Prompts1. Short Essay Required for Engineering Applicants:If you are applying to...

Student Reviews: Dartmouth College's Location & Culture
Student Reviews: Dartmouth College’s Location & Culture

Thinking about applying or enrolling at Dartmouth College? Look beyond Dartmouth’s Ivy League reputation and see what current Dartmouth students have to say about going to school in Hanover. 1. Dartmouth’s Campus & CultureStudent...

The 10 Stages Of Waiting For College Decisions

Nothing feels more like a judgment of who you are as a person and what you’ve accomplished than college admissions results. As you oscillate between crushing self-doubt and steeled confidence about how your application...