The Nation’s 25 Schools with the Highest SAT/ACT Scores

Earlier this week, Niche.com released a study profiling 25 U.S. high schools with the highest SAT and ACT scores. It probably surprises no one that fewer than half the schools that made the list were public schools. Even then, most of the public schools named are highly selective, magnet schools or are located in affluent neighborhoods. If you look at the map representation, most schools are clustered in the Northeast with only Illinois and Michigan representing the Midwest, Florida the South, and California the West.

Infographic provided by Niche.com
Infographic provided by Niche.com

This glaring imbalance emphasizes not only the disadvantage kids who attend public schools face compared to their private school cohorts, it also sheds light on geographic regional asymmetry for students who don’t live in coastal states. Presumably, schools whose students score higher on the SAT/ACT also grant more weight to college admission. This only further demonstrates the need for admissions help and application consultation that is wider reaching and more accessible for all.

AdmitSee.com is trying to address that need. We not only help top students get accepted to the best schools in the country, we also aim to close that gap by offering profiles that represent a broad cross section of the nation’s student population so each applicant can find an Admit—just like them—who got in.

I'm a student at Columbia. I love writing, activism, terrible jokes, and binge-watching Netflix. Aspiring PhD students/teacher.
masagold

Accepted to Columbia, Stanford, Yale, USC, Northwestern, Georgetown, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UMich, BC, CMU

jazz guitarist, philosophy major, pre-law, coffee-lover
yujin2023

Accepted to Brown, Amherst, Duke, Emory, Santa Clara, USC, Pacific, Vanderbilt, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UCSB, UCSD, UC Davis, UC Irvine

Nature lover, STEM nerd. Will likely be late because of who I am as a person.
Ves_Nanov

Accepted to Dartmouth, Vassar, Kenyon, UVA

I am an incoming freshman from Bulgaria. I have spent one year as an exchange student in Chicago and look forward to returning to the States this fall.