The Nation’s 25 Schools with the Highest SAT/ACT Scores

Earlier this week, Niche.com released a study profiling 25 U.S. high schools with the highest SAT and ACT scores. It probably surprises no one that fewer than half the schools that made the list were public schools. Even then, most of the public schools named are highly selective, magnet schools or are located in affluent neighborhoods. If you look at the map representation, most schools are clustered in the Northeast with only Illinois and Michigan representing the Midwest, Florida the South, and California the West.

Infographic provided by Niche.com
Infographic provided by Niche.com

This glaring imbalance emphasizes not only the disadvantage kids who attend public schools face compared to their private school cohorts, it also sheds light on geographic regional asymmetry for students who don’t live in coastal states. Presumably, schools whose students score higher on the SAT/ACT also grant more weight to college admission. This only further demonstrates the need for admissions help and application consultation that is wider reaching and more accessible for all.

AdmitSee.com is trying to address that need. We not only help top students get accepted to the best schools in the country, we also aim to close that gap by offering profiles that represent a broad cross section of the nation’s student population so each applicant can find an Admit—just like them—who got in.

ltan98
Fordham ‘20

Accepted to American, Fordham, Skidmore, Syracuse, UC Irvine, UCSB

Hi there! I went to an American school in Hong Kong from K-12 and will be starting my freshman year at Fordham University at Lincoln Center in the fall. If you're interested in theater and come from overseas, I would be of particular help to you!
jackmac401

Theater/business double major from classic and online highschool background. Here to help navigate audition and business interview processes! On full tuition scholarship
niathuravil
Rutgers ‘20

Accepted to Rutgers, NYU, Fordham, UMass, Colorado, MSU, Illinois, Arizona, Washington

Your local political astronaut with a passion for the prolific things in life.