Thinking About A Business Degree? Consider Taking These Courses!

Ellen is a sophomore at UCLA, majoring in business. Interested in finance and data analysis, Ellen shared with AdmitSee the business courses she took that she found engaging. If you are interested in a business major, consider taking one or all of these courses:

1) Macroeconomic Theory: This was the first upper division major class that I took which wasn’t a part of my prerequisites. I definitely felt that the material in this class was a lot more interesting and engaging than economic courses I had taken before. I had taken an introductory macroeconomic course prior to this one, but I really loved how this one went more in depth on the subject and provided more real life examples. My professor was great at delivering the information, and I had amazing TA who really went out of his way to teach the students material. 

2) Introduction to C++ Programming: I am not a computer science major, nor have I had prior experience to computing, but I felt that this was a valuable skill to have for my future. I was surprised to discover how much I loved the class! The course is directed towards those without programming experience, so the professor started out slow, which was good for us beginners. I found programming to be really fun, although difficult and frustrating at times. 

3) Principles of Accounting: This is an introductory accounting class I took which was required for my major. I used to think that accounting would be boring, but I actually found the information interesting and very useful. No matter what career path you take, keeping track of your finances should be important to everyone. My professor was had a lot of energy and made the class super exciting. She also introduced us to how retirement funds work and other applicable information. It is definitely a class I recommend to everyone.

Read more about Ellen on her AdmitSee profile!

jcollica524
Emory ‘22

Accepted to Emory, Tulane, GA Tech, GWU, Binghamton, UMD, UMich, Northeastern, USC

Hey! I'm a hard-working data/business major who loves to help high school students with college apps! Message me with any questions!

Here to mentor and guide you! :)
Isandres2

Accepted to Utah, Colorado, Colby, Williams, SMCVT

Hi! I go by Izi and I am a current student at Williams College Class of 2019. I hope to be a biology or sociology major with a neuroscience concentration. I am on the NCAA Division 1 alpine ski team here.