This Week’s Feature: Brandeis University

Ever wondered what it means to be a student at the Brandeis University? If so, then you’re in luck today! This week Zev shares with the ins and outs of what it means to be part of Brandeis Judges and to be a student at Brandeis. 

Founded: 1948

Location: Waltham, MA

Type: Private

Size: Small

Undergraduate Students: 3,588

Campus Setting: Suburban

Brandeis Traditions

Oscar Selfies

In the basement of the Library, Brandeis owns two donated Oscars that the students are allowed to touch and look at! Many even go down there and make up oscar speeches, as if they have just won an Academy Award themselves. And of course, take selfies with them as well—especially popular after the famous Oscar selfie from last year!

Exploring the Castle

At Brandeis University, we have a castle called Usen Castle which is great for exploring! It doesn’t look like it, but it is actually one of Brandeis’ residential halls. 120 lucky sophomores have the chance to reside in this impressive looking building and it is even home to a coffeehouse and a late night snack bar! But what’s most important is that there are many halls and stairwells that lead to nothing, it is very mysterious.

Accepted to Northwestern, Emory, WashU, UMich

Hey everyone, I'm a current Northwestern student (Class of 2018, although I may finish up a little early) and I absolutely love it! Admissions really is a tough time, so try to keep your head up and don't be afraid to take chances.
rodmoretti

Accepted to Columbia, GA Tech, Northwestern, Princeton, UGA

As a part of Princeton Class of 2019, I know how difficult the application process is...I got denied, accepted, and wait-listed to several places. Let me help you find your path to success!
elewal

Accepted to Brown, Cornell, CMU, Wesleyan, William & Mary, Case, Villanova, Binghamton, RPI, WPI

Hi! I'm a sophomore at Brown University studying Biochemistry and English. I love writing, baking, hiking, and music.
lmelcher

Accepted to Columbia, Brown, UPenn, Rice, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UVA, UC Davis, UCSD, UCSC, USC

Hey! I'm a John Jay Scholar at Columbia, and I'm from Los Angeles. I'm planning to major in Art History and do ballet and theater. Hope I can help!