This Week’s Feature: Brandeis University

Ever wondered what it means to be a student at the Brandeis University? If so, then you’re in luck today! This week Zev shares with the ins and outs of what it means to be part of Brandeis Judges and to be a student at Brandeis. 

Founded: 1948

Location: Waltham, MA

Type: Private

Size: Small

Undergraduate Students: 3,588

Campus Setting: Suburban

Brandeis Traditions

Oscar Selfies

In the basement of the Library, Brandeis owns two donated Oscars that the students are allowed to touch and look at! Many even go down there and make up oscar speeches, as if they have just won an Academy Award themselves. And of course, take selfies with them as well—especially popular after the famous Oscar selfie from last year!

Exploring the Castle

At Brandeis University, we have a castle called Usen Castle which is great for exploring! It doesn’t look like it, but it is actually one of Brandeis’ residential halls. 120 lucky sophomores have the chance to reside in this impressive looking building and it is even home to a coffeehouse and a late night snack bar! But what’s most important is that there are many halls and stairwells that lead to nothing, it is very mysterious.

Accepted to Utah, Colorado, Colby, Williams, SMCVT

Hi! I go by Izi and I am a current student at Williams College Class of 2019. I hope to be a biology or sociology major with a neuroscience concentration. I am on the NCAA Division 1 alpine ski team here.
JHU ‘19

Accepted to JHU, Cornell, Northeastern, Fordham, UMD, Wisconsin, Temple

Junior Woodrow Wilson Research Fellow at Johns Hopkins majoring in English and Writing Seminars

Accepted to Duke, Brown, NYU, UChicago, UNC, East Carolina, NC State

I'm a class of 2018'er at UChicago studying Economics and Psychology! Super interested in start-ups and economics.

Student Advice: Choosing Where to Enroll

It’s a great feeling when you get multiple acceptances from the colleges you’ve applied to, but it can also be a challenging time deciding where to enroll! The tables have turned! Now, it’...

Duke Supplemental Essay Prompts & Examples

Thinking about applying to Duke this Fall? Check out Duke’s supplemental essay prompts and examples from the 2017-2018 application cycle. You can expect similar prompts for the upcoming cycle.Duke Application Prompts1. Short Essay...