This Week’s Feature: Brandeis University

Ever wondered what it means to be a student at the Brandeis University? If so, then you’re in luck today! This week Zev shares with the ins and outs of what it means to be part of Brandeis Judges and to be a student at Brandeis. 

Founded: 1948

Location: Waltham, MA

Type: Private

Size: Small

Undergraduate Students: 3,588

Campus Setting: Suburban

Brandeis Traditions

Oscar Selfies

In the basement of the Library, Brandeis owns two donated Oscars that the students are allowed to touch and look at! Many even go down there and make up oscar speeches, as if they have just won an Academy Award themselves. And of course, take selfies with them as well—especially popular after the famous Oscar selfie from last year!

Exploring the Castle

At Brandeis University, we have a castle called Usen Castle which is great for exploring! It doesn’t look like it, but it is actually one of Brandeis’ residential halls. 120 lucky sophomores have the chance to reside in this impressive looking building and it is even home to a coffeehouse and a late night snack bar! But what’s most important is that there are many halls and stairwells that lead to nothing, it is very mysterious.

Serena2020

Accepted to Harvard, UChicago, Northwestern, Swarthmore, Emory, Oklahoma U, UKentucky, K College , OU, Alma

Premed on track to graduate a year early. But I love my school! National merit scholar, into surgery, arts & community…
jpm13
Rochester ‘20

Accepted to Rochester, Rutgers, Fordham, College of NJ, Drexel

Hey! I'm a freshman at University of Rochester Class of 2020 interested in double majoring in Biology and Spanish, eventually applying to med school. I'm passionate about studying science, doing research and learning new languages.

elewal

Accepted to Brown, Cornell, CMU, Wesleyan, William & Mary, Case, Villanova, Binghamton, RPI, WPI

Hi! I'm a sophomore at Brown University studying Biochemistry and English. I love writing, baking, hiking, and music.

UNC Writing Supplement Essay Prompts 2017-2018

Due to its popularity among in-state and out-of-state students, the University of North Carolina is one of the most competitive public universities in the US. The University of North Carolina is the oldest public university...

College Rejection: Understanding the Tufts Syndrome

Ever heard of the term Tufts Syndrome? One of our recently graduated high school interns have and Aditya wants to share with you what it means and how it affects your application. Getting rejected from...

MIT 2017-2018 Essay Prompts
MIT 2017-2018 Essay Prompts

Applying to MIT this fall? Check out the 2017-2018 MIT essay prompts!If MIT is your dream school, you should already know that MIT does not use the Common Application. Instead, they have their own...