This Week’s Feature: Emerson College

Interested in going to Emerson College? Cstubbe2794, a junior at Emerson, shares a few things you need to know about her school she thinks you need to know! 

Founded:
1880

Location: Boston, MA

Type: Private

Religious Affiliation: None

Size: Small

Undergraduate Students: 3,453

Campus Setting: Urban setting

Emerson Traditions:

Orientation Program

Emersonians pride themselves on being enthusiastic and eager, and the extensive orientation program is just another way they can show that. Freshmen come in quiet and nervous and they’re assigned to a group of other freshmen with an Orientation Leader. The Orientation Leader’s job is to help you bond with your group and with them. Orientation Leaders also have the option to send you things before you even arrive to college. I received a CD mix and a lovely note.

Want to know more about Emerson? Check out Cstubbe2794's Admit Profile now!
Want to know more about Emerson? Check out Cstubbe2794’s Admit Profile now!

Orientation Leaders also have the job to help students load their stuff into carts and into their rooms. They welcome them with crazy outfits, feather boas and neon tulle skirts, and loud singing, then they check them in and help them get their keys. Their goal is to make new students feel more welcome as they start this new chapter in their lives.

extreana
Tufts ‘18

Accepted to CMU, BC, Tufts, Northeastern

Just a rising sophomore trying to help my peers find a school that fits them best! Ask me about engineering, essays, or life in general.
ltan98
Fordham ‘20

Accepted to American, Fordham, Skidmore, Syracuse, UC Irvine, UCSB

Hi there! I went to an American school in Hong Kong from K-12 and will be starting my freshman year at Fordham University at Lincoln Center in the fall. If you're interested in theater and come from overseas, I would be of particular help to you!
niathuravil
Rutgers ‘20

Accepted to Rutgers, NYU, Fordham, UMass, Colorado, MSU, Illinois, Arizona, Washington

Your local political astronaut with a passion for the prolific things in life.
ayinUChicago

Accepted to Duke, Brown, NYU, UChicago, UNC, East Carolina, NC State

I'm a class of 2018'er at UChicago studying Economics and Psychology! Super interested in start-ups and economics.