This Week’s Feature: Johns Hopkins University

Just commit to being a Blue Jay? Or looking to apply? Find out what would be in store for you at Johns Hopkins University!

Founded:
1876

Location: Baltimore, Maryland

Type: Private nonprofit university

Size: Medium

Current Undergraduate Enrollment: 6,251

Campus setting: Campus located within a major urban setting

The Hopkins Seal

The Johns Hopkins Seal is located in the lobby of Gilman Hall, a central building on campus that houses the university’s bell tower. Though many schools have some version of a cursed seal, the one at JHU is harsher than most. Supposedly, any current student who steps on it will never graduate, any professor will never get tenure, any prospective student will not be accepted, and any parents of prospective students will not receive financial aid.

Legend has it that the curse was placed on the seal when a JHU faculty member disturbed a sacred site—perhaps a tomb—in Egypt. Most people think this is just heresy, but someone in the administration has apparently given the legend enough credence to fence the seal off from the surrounding area.

aa192002
Stanford

Accepted to Stanford, Dartmouth, Drexel, Wisconsin, IWU, UChicago

A Boy Having Intrinsically Nuanced Acumen for Vacuity
UT Austin

mlotfi_
Georgetown

Accepted to Georgetown, American, GWU, BU

Georgetown Transfer from UMass Boston going into my Sophomore year (AFROTC, ATHLETE)
UCSB234077
UCSB

Accepted to UCSB, Humboldt

"She believed in nothing; only her skepticism kept her from being an atheist."