This Week’s University Feature: Xavier

If you’re into college basketball, then at some point, you’ve definitely wondered what it means to be a student at Xavier University. Well, wonder no more, because GoMuskies16 shares with us today what it means to be a student at Xavier!

Founded: 1831

Location: Cincinnati, OH

Religious Affiliation: Roman Catholic (Jesuit)

Size: Medium

Undergraduate Students: 4,633

Campus Setting: Campus is located 5 minutes outside of downtown Cincinnati in an urban neighborhood.

Major traditions

Attend Xavier basketball games

Since Xavier University does not have a football team like many big schools, our campus becomes very alive for basketball games. Our arena, the Cintas Center, usually sells out for home games at its full capacity of 10,250 fans including a very lively student section. The $46 million arena opened in June of 2000 and is one of the nicest college basketball arenas in the country. It is located right in the middle of campus, very close to the dorms so students can get tickets easily and walk to games in minutes.

If you are a die-hard fan and want to get front row seats, you better be prepared to go early! Students flock to these games all trying to get the best seats in the house. Before the game starts, there are fireworks and balls of flames in the sky, while the lineups are being announced. The moment the music starts playing and the fireworks start shooting out, you can almost feel like a part of the action. In the Big East conference road wins are very hard to come by, so being part of the student section to support our team is an integral part of being an Xavier student. It is a big part of why our home record is nearly perfect year in and year out.

Read on and find out what other traditions there are!

littlegreentre…
Stanford

Accepted to Stanford, Cambridge, Princeton, Yale, Brown, UPenn, Columbia, UC Berkeley, UCLA, Swarthmore, Barnard, Wellesley, Duke, NYU, BU

overly ambitious, passionately curious, helplessly perfectionistic
BrownDomer
Notre Dame

Accepted to BU, Emory, Swarthmore, Notre Dame

Hello! I'm an international student from Ethiopia and I'll be majoring in Biology. I'd love to share all the tips and tricks I've learned from my rather unique college application experience with you!
juliawang143
UPenn

Accepted to UPenn, Illinois, UMich

lover of the Bachelor, avocadoes, hikes, and rewatching Harry Potter for the 1000th time.
htownbrown
Stanford

Accepted to Stanford, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, UPenn, Pomona, Williams, Amherst, Claremont (CMC), Northwestern, Vanderbilt, USC, JHU, UC Berkeley, UT Austin, UNC, Tulane, UMich, Georgetown

An aspiring lawyer who wants to make a difference in the world.