Tips for New AdmitSee College Users

Welcome to AdmitSee, College Students! As you transition from high school student to college student in real life, you should do the same on AdmitSee.

If you haven’t yet created your college profile, here are our tips on what to include, how to increase profile views, and get more sales!

1. Create an AdmitSee username.

College applications can contain a lot of personal and intimate information about an individual. We highly encourage users to create usernames that don’t include full names to protect your privacy. If you already have an account, you can change your username under Account Info.

2.  Upload a profile picture.

Use a photo that represents you. It doesn’t have to be a headshot. It can be a photo of you in the distance or you with a group of friends! Including a photo helps high school users connect with your profile and know there’s a real person behind a web page.

3. Have your student ID handy.

We have to verify that you’re a student accepted at the school you say you’re attending. Make sure you have on hand a copy of your student ID, enrollment receipt, or transcript. Simply snap and upload a photo of your verification document. Don’t worry - once your profile is verified, we remove this from our database for security reasons.

4. Download your Common App PDF.

Save yourself some time! If you still have your Common App account, log in and download the PDF version of your Common App. Instead of filling out each individual page, all you have to do is upload the PDF and we autofill your profile for you! Then, all that’s left for you to do is to choose the advice questions you want to answer.

5. Gather all your application materials (essays, SAT scores, transcripts).

If you applied to a non-Common App school, gather all your application materials so you can get through the profile entry process in one go. You should grab your personal statement, supplemental essays, SAT scores, high school transcripts, and extracurricular and work resumes.

6. Respond to advice prompts.

Finally, share some lessons you’ve learned through your college application journey. What would you change about the process? How did you formulate your college list? Did you go on any college tours? On top of that, answer a few school-specific questions to help future applicants learn more about your school! How would you describe a typical student at your school? What do you love about your campus?

Once you’ve verified your profile, uploaded a full essay, and responded to 5 advice prompts, you’ll be ready to go! With that done, get into back-to-school mode and wait for the views to roll in and your earnings to start piling up.

yuzhushi
UMD ‘20

Accepted to UMD, Johns Hopkins, Duke, Case, Swarthmore, Penn State

UCLA Class of 2020. Orange County native. I like math and music.