Top 10 Things You Won’t Miss From High School

Can’t wait to get to college?  You’re not alone.  Kaitlyn, a student at Oxford Academy, created a list of the 10 biggest gripes of high schoolers, which you definitely won’t miss when you go to college. 

1. Cliques

Whether it’s the popular people, the jocks, or the drama “dorks”, most people don’t like their high school categorization. Get ready to enjoy a life where everyone is fed-up with cliques and very few exist.

2. Dress code

Short shorts are shorts, and that one inch seriously matters when the principal walks by. Who’s excited for casual clothing and freedom?!

3. Detention

Thirty minutes of homework time in a quiet room is for third-graders. Detention is the life of the high school kid, and being an adult means you get to escape that tiny room.

4. Required parent signatures

How many trips have you missed because you needed a parent signature? Now you’ll be responsible for yourself - more responsibility, but can be SO nice.

5. Standardized tests

Proficient scores versus advanced scores shouldn’t determine your life. And now they won’t be in your life!

6. Physical Education classes

Getting all sweaty in rotten clothes that don’t fit is not for you. (Unless you major in Physical Education, which is something most people can’t even imagine.)

7. Small campus

It’s a two-second walk across concrete to your next class in high school. Basically jail.

8. Lack of school pride

Cheering for your lame mascot suddenly has a whole new meaning in college. People actually - get this - care. Get ready for cheering fans all around at school games!

9. Busy work

Long projects are in. Busy work is out. No more staying up late because you forgot that one-half page assignment.

10. Lockers

Dingy. Smelly. Dirty. Infested. Beaten up. Small. Who wants them? Dorms > Lockers.

uhoh29
JHU ‘19

Accepted to JHU, Cornell, Northeastern, Fordham, UMD, Wisconsin, Temple

Senior Woodrow Wilson Research Fellow at Johns Hopkins majoring in English and Writing Seminars

Ryanh914

Accepted to American, Cornell, Northwestern, Florida, Ohio State, FSU, UNC

UNC '18 from Charlotte, NC.

Emory University: Essay Topics & Personal Statement Examples

Applying to Emory University this fall? If you are just getting started on your application essays, get some inspiration from these successful essay excerpts:1. Overcoming Personal StruggleEssay Excerpt from DooleypeanutsEmory University ‘22 Neuroscience and Neurobiology “The...

5 Tips to Help You Look for Scholarships this Summer

Summer after junior year in high school is a great time for you to start looking and applying for scholarships. Why? You’ll get more for your efforts. It’s not something most applicants are...