Top 5 Reasons Every Teen Should Volunteer

The following article comes from our friends at Lion’s Heart. We’ve invited them to share their insights on what high school students gain by volunteering and doing community service.

A young man by the name of Spencer Corwin was about to begin his 7th grade year in school. He wanted to volunteer in Orange County, California, but didn’t know where to get started. He found a lot of organizations for teen girls to get involved in the community, but he couldn’t find much out there for boys. So he decided to change that. 

Spencer and his mother, Terry, worked together to create Lion’s Heart. Lion’s Heart offers teenagers a special connection with their communities by providing volunteer and leadership opportunities for teens.  Teen volunteers gain a lot from their experiences as they learn, grow, and mature. Lion’s Heart is dedicated to organizing, inspiring, and empowering teens to serve the community in fun and meaningful ways while promoting leadership, accountability, and teamwork.

Read on for the Top 5 Reasons!

UChicago

jcollica524
Emory

Accepted to Emory, Tulane, GA Tech, GWU, Binghamton, UMD, UMich, Northeastern, USC

Hey! I'm a hard-working data/business major who loves to help high school students with college apps! Message me with any questions!
Harvard

janelemon
Cornell

Accepted to Cornell, USC, BU, WashU, RIT

Small town girl from NJ with no major awards but a lot of heart and dreams.