Traditions at Skidmore College

Did you apply to Skidmore College? Well, as you wait to hear back from them, SamanthaJo9, a junior at Skidmore, shares all with us about traditions you will definitely come across! 

Founded: 1922

Location: Saratoga Springs, N.Y.

Type: Private Liberal Arts College

Size: Small

Undergraduate Students: 2,684

Campus Setting: Campus located in beautiful Saratoga Springs and only a 30 minute drive to Albany

Skidmore Traditions:

Chowderfest

Some say Saratoga Springs Chowderfest is “better than Christmas.” If you don’t take the opportunity to go downtown in freezing January and eat more types of chowder than you could ever imagine, you haven’t really lived.  Get all your friends to go, and dress warmly – lines are long! 

jenee_a

Accepted to Brown, UPenn, Cornell, BU, UMass

Hey! I'm a neuroscience major on the premed track, PLME student, and I love to dance in my free time!

nyudotedu

Accepted to NYU, BC, BU, GWU, Northeastern

I was born and raised in Korea, but I've studied in in U.S. boarding school for 7 years. I love people, building, and cars so I love every cities in the world.
abbyyys18
Babson ‘23

Accepted to Babson, BU, Bentley, Northeastern, Holy Cross, Skidmore, Fordham, Muhlenberg, Whitman, Whittier , F&M

An international student interested in business management. I'm not an outstanding student but I got into my preferred schools; find out how!