Traditions at Skidmore College

Did you apply to Skidmore College? Well, as you wait to hear back from them, SamanthaJo9, a junior at Skidmore, shares all with us about traditions you will definitely come across! 

Founded: 1922

Location: Saratoga Springs, N.Y.

Type: Private Liberal Arts College

Size: Small

Undergraduate Students: 2,684

Campus Setting: Campus located in beautiful Saratoga Springs and only a 30 minute drive to Albany

Skidmore Traditions:

Chowderfest

Some say Saratoga Springs Chowderfest is “better than Christmas.” If you don’t take the opportunity to go downtown in freezing January and eat more types of chowder than you could ever imagine, you haven’t really lived.  Get all your friends to go, and dress warmly – lines are long! 

MichaelR

Accepted to Columbia, Dartmouth, Cornell, UC Berkeley, JHU, Vanderbilt, Rice, UMich, UCLA, UNC, UT Austin, Washington, Ohio State, UCSD

Midwestern kid who loves molecular biology and electronic dance music. Let me help you edit your essays!

extreana
Tufts ‘18

Accepted to CMU, BC, Tufts, Northeastern

Just a rising sophomore trying to help my peers find a school that fits them best! Ask me about engineering, essays, or life in general.