Traditions at Skidmore College

Did you apply to Skidmore College? Well, as you wait to hear back from them, SamanthaJo9, a junior at Skidmore, shares all with us about traditions you will definitely come across! 

Founded: 1922

Location: Saratoga Springs, N.Y.

Type: Private Liberal Arts College

Size: Small

Undergraduate Students: 2,684

Campus Setting: Campus located in beautiful Saratoga Springs and only a 30 minute drive to Albany

Skidmore Traditions:

Chowderfest

Some say Saratoga Springs Chowderfest is “better than Christmas.” If you don’t take the opportunity to go downtown in freezing January and eat more types of chowder than you could ever imagine, you haven’t really lived.  Get all your friends to go, and dress warmly – lines are long! 

Accepted to Williams, Claremont (CMC), Amherst, Swarthmore, Pitzer, Northwestern, Tufts, WashU, Grinnell, Rice, Emory, LMU, Wesleyan

I’m an Econ & Bio major who’s passionate about STEM, social issues, and design. As a transfer, I learned a lot from navigating this hectic process twice, and I’m excited to help!
BrownDomer
Notre Dame ‘20

Accepted to BU, Emory, Swarthmore, Notre Dame

Hello! I'm an international student from Ethiopia and I'll be majoring in Biology. I'd love to share all the tips and tricks I've learned from my rather unique college application experience with you!
thythydo

Accepted to USC, Vanderbilt, UC Berkeley, Cal Poly, Cal Poly Pomona, UC Irvine, UCSB, UC Davis, Tufts, Northeastern, SDSU, UCSD, UCSC, San Jose State, Pacific

Proud to be a Trojan!