Traditions at Skidmore College

Did you apply to Skidmore College? Well, as you wait to hear back from them, SamanthaJo9, a junior at Skidmore, shares all with us about traditions you will definitely come across! 

Founded: 1922

Location: Saratoga Springs, N.Y.

Type: Private Liberal Arts College

Size: Small

Undergraduate Students: 2,684

Campus Setting: Campus located in beautiful Saratoga Springs and only a 30 minute drive to Albany

Skidmore Traditions:

Chowderfest

Some say Saratoga Springs Chowderfest is “better than Christmas.” If you don’t take the opportunity to go downtown in freezing January and eat more types of chowder than you could ever imagine, you haven’t really lived.  Get all your friends to go, and dress warmly – lines are long! 

masagold
Columbia

Accepted to Columbia, Stanford, Yale, USC, Northwestern, Georgetown, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UMich, BC, CMU

jazz guitarist, philosophy major, pre-law, coffee-lover
USC

Columbia

I'm a student at Columbia. I love writing, activism, terrible jokes, and binge-watching Netflix. Aspiring PhD students/teacher.
UCSB234077
UCSB

Accepted to UCSB, Humboldt

"She believed in nothing; only her skepticism kept her from being an atheist."