Inside Look: A Typical Weekend at UPenn

Mindy is a freshman at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School. What do Penn kids typically do outside of the classroom when they have free time on the weekends? Here, she shares what an average weekend at Penn looks like as student on campus!

On an average weekend at Penn, you could probably do just about anything, and practically everyone is doing just about anything. During the day, people are walking around, socializing, grabbing food and catching up with their friends. Some hours of course are spent on the inevitable homework, but otherwise people are more willing to step out of their room and just relax. Others take a trip to the city, just wandering the streets of Philadelphia and exploring new neighborhoods and shops. Other activities more close to campus include watching a film in the nearby movie theater or checking out Urban Outfitters.

At night, the weekend is the time to have fun. Penn is known as the “social ivy,” and social it is. There are always lots of places to stop by and people are always willing to go out and about—after being cooped up in a library for a week, students here like to blow off some steam. And the scene is lively almost anywhere you end up, either downtown or on-campus. Besides the typical frat party and nightclubs, clubs also hold a variety of themed events that may spark your interest.

Read more about Mindy and her admissions process on her AdmitSee profile!

UCLA

UCLA Class of 2020. Orange County native.
NYU

lizolat
Yale

Accepted to Yale, Harvard, Princeton, JHU, Duke, Brown, Dartmouth, WashU, USF, Florida, UCF

Hello, my name is Elizabeth! I graduated from a public high school in Florida, and was accepted to all 11 colleges I applied to. I am now a student at Yale University studying bio!
Harvard