Inside Look: A Typical Weekend at UPenn

Mindy is a freshman at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School. What do Penn kids typically do outside of the classroom when they have free time on the weekends? Here, she shares what an average weekend at Penn looks like as student on campus!

On an average weekend at Penn, you could probably do just about anything, and practically everyone is doing just about anything. During the day, people are walking around, socializing, grabbing food and catching up with their friends. Some hours of course are spent on the inevitable homework, but otherwise people are more willing to step out of their room and just relax. Others take a trip to the city, just wandering the streets of Philadelphia and exploring new neighborhoods and shops. Other activities more close to campus include watching a film in the nearby movie theater or checking out Urban Outfitters.

At night, the weekend is the time to have fun. Penn is known as the “social ivy,” and social it is. There are always lots of places to stop by and people are always willing to go out and about—after being cooped up in a library for a week, students here like to blow off some steam. And the scene is lively almost anywhere you end up, either downtown or on-campus. Besides the typical frat party and nightclubs, clubs also hold a variety of themed events that may spark your interest.

Read more about Mindy and her admissions process on her AdmitSee profile!

Hi! I'm a Williams '19 transfer who's passionate about social justice, tech, and STEM. I'd love to share what I learned from navigating this hectic process twice!
beccapenn38

yuzhushi
UMD ‘20

Accepted to UMD, Johns Hopkins, Duke, Case, Swarthmore, Penn State

842 Early Applicants Join Yale University's Class of 2022
842 Early Applicants Join Yale University’s Class of 2022

On December 14th, 842 early applicants were offered admissions to be a part of Yale University’s Class of 2022. Yale University accepted 14.6% of the 5,733 candidates that applied to Yale’s early action program. Yale’s early...

Harvard University Class of 2022 Early Admission Results Are In!

On Tuesday, Harvard University released its early admissions decisions for the Class of 2022 and accepted 14.5% of early applicants. This year 6,630 students applied for admission under the Early Action program, and 964 applicants were accepted into Harvard’...

Tips for New AdmitSee College Users
Tips for New AdmitSee College Users

Welcome to AdmitSee, College Students! As you transition from high school student to college student in real life, you should do the same on AdmitSee. Here are our tips on what to include, how to...