Inside Look: Study Spaces and Game-day Traditions at UNC

Thinking about attending the University of North Carolina? Caroline is a junior at UNC, and she told us about the great study spaces on campus as well as Tarheel game day traditions.  Make sure to check out these popular campus and college town spots around Chapel Hill if you visit!

A great thing about UNC is its plethora of places to study. Now matter how much reading I have to do, if I have a lot of exams to study for, or a group project to work on, there is a best place to do so. The Union is great for group projects, because it has conference cubbies with monitors and tables. However, the Undergraduate Library is my favorite study spot because of how quiet it is. My favorite place to read is Graham Memorial. It’s almost impossible not to feel like Harry Potter with the oversized couches and fireplaces, and it also has a coffee shop inside which is extremely convenient.

On the best days, which include schoolwork of no kind, there’s usually some kind of sporting event going on that everybody goes to. Football games in the fall always involve day-long tailgates, and basketball games in the winter are one of best parts of about being a Tarheel. Before and after games, the best place to be is He’s Not Here, which has been a part of Chapel Hill since 1972.  Home of the famous Blue Cup, He’s Not is always packed with students on game days cheering on the Tarheels.  

Read more about Caroline on her AdmitSee Profile!

Isandres2

Accepted to Utah, Colorado, Colby, Williams, SMCVT

Hi! I go by Izi and I am a current student at Williams College Class of 2019. I hope to be a biology or sociology major with a neuroscience concentration. I am on the NCAA Division 1 alpine ski team here.

842 Early Applicants Join Yale University's Class of 2022
842 Early Applicants Join Yale University’s Class of 2022

On December 14th, 842 early applicants were offered admissions to be a part of Yale University’s Class of 2022. Yale University accepted 14.6% of the 5,733 candidates that applied to Yale’s early action program. Yale’s early...

Harvard University Class of 2022 Early Admission Results Are In!

On Tuesday, Harvard University released its early admissions decisions for the Class of 2022 and accepted 14.5% of early applicants. This year 6,630 students applied for admission under the Early Action program, and 964 applicants were accepted into Harvard’...

Tips for New AdmitSee College Users
Tips for New AdmitSee College Users

Welcome to AdmitSee, College Students! As you transition from high school student to college student in real life, you should do the same on AdmitSee. Here are our tips on what to include, how to...