Inside Look: Study Spaces and Game-day Traditions at UNC

Thinking about attending the University of North Carolina? Caroline is a junior at UNC, and she told us about the great study spaces on campus as well as Tarheel game day traditions.  Make sure to check out these popular campus and college town spots around Chapel Hill if you visit!

A great thing about UNC is its plethora of places to study. Now matter how much reading I have to do, if I have a lot of exams to study for, or a group project to work on, there is a best place to do so. The Union is great for group projects, because it has conference cubbies with monitors and tables. However, the Undergraduate Library is my favorite study spot because of how quiet it is. My favorite place to read is Graham Memorial. It’s almost impossible not to feel like Harry Potter with the oversized couches and fireplaces, and it also has a coffee shop inside which is extremely convenient.

On the best days, which include schoolwork of no kind, there’s usually some kind of sporting event going on that everybody goes to. Football games in the fall always involve day-long tailgates, and basketball games in the winter are one of best parts of about being a Tarheel. Before and after games, the best place to be is He’s Not Here, which has been a part of Chapel Hill since 1972.  Home of the famous Blue Cup, He’s Not is always packed with students on game days cheering on the Tarheels.  

Read more about Caroline on her AdmitSee Profile!

What You Need to Know About Brown's PLME
What You Need to Know About Brown’s PLME

Dreamt about being a doctor since you’re kid? If so, then you need to know about Brown University’s PLME. What is Brown’s PLME? Brown’s Program in Liberal Medical Education, more commonly...

Introduction to College Grading Curves
Introduction to College Grading Curves

98% accuracy may not be a realistic goal in college; luckily, professors may use curves to save your 68% from destroying your GPA. As a high school student, you are probably accustomed to raw scores being final...

What to Ask on a College Tour
What to Ask on a College Tour

Touring colleges is a quintessential high school experience, and a great opportunity to learn about prospective schools. ​Every college student is able to recognize the starry-eyed high schoolers who swarm campus regularly to explore and...