UC Irvine Traditions: Breaking World Records

Trying to narrow down which University of California you should apply to? The UC system has schools such as UC Berkeley and UCLA that offers students top research facilities, a diverse student body and amazing weather. But if you’re looking to be part of a world record, then UC Irvine is the school for you! 

Founded: 1965

Location: Irvine, CA

Type: Public Research University

Size: Large

Undergraduate Students: 29,588

Campus Setting: Campus located within a suburban setting

Mascot: Peter the Anteater

Number of Applicants: 88,792

UC Irvine Tradition:

Breaking World Records!

What’s the quickest and surest claim to fame? Breaking a world record of course! Anteaters excel at breaking records. For the past three years, UCI students have gathered by the thousands to create some of the most unforgettable records to date.

In 2012 we…

Broke the world record for biggest game of dodgeball with 6,084 participants!

In 2013 we…

Broke the world record for biggest watergun fight with 3,875 participants!

And in 2014 we…

Broke the world record for largest pillow fight with 4,200 fighters!!!

What do we have in store for 2015? 

No one knows yet! But one thing’s for certain. It’s gonna be big. It’s gonna be exciting. It’s gonna be a world record!

ZOT, ZOT, ZOT!
That’s the sound an anteater makes

Find this interesting? Leave a comment and let us know!

kltaylor96

Accepted to Duke, Northwestern, Elon , William & Mary, Centre, Campbell

I am someone who always shoots for the moon so that if I miss, I will land among the stars.
BGrove

Accepted to Duke, UT Austin, GA Tech, Washington, Arizona

I am a normal person: I promise. I am a big sports fan who will be attending Duke to watch basketball (and hopefully graduate with an economics degree).
michellezhang

Accepted to Northwestern, Dartmouth, UC Berkeley, UChicago, Rice, UMich, USC

Aspiring entrepreneur interested in comp sci, sustainability, and art; applied to college as an econ/environmental science major; world's #1 phineas & ferb fan
Serena2020

Accepted to Harvard, UChicago, Northwestern, Swarthmore, Emory, Oklahoma U, UKentucky, K College , OU, Alma

Premed on track to graduate a year early. But I love my school! National merit scholar, into surgery, arts & community…