UC Irvine Traditions: Breaking World Records

Trying to narrow down which University of California you should apply to? The UC system has schools such as UC Berkeley and UCLA that offers students top research facilities, a diverse student body and amazing weather. But if you’re looking to be part of a world record, then UC Irvine is the school for you! 

Founded: 1965

Location: Irvine, CA

Type: Public Research University

Size: Large

Undergraduate Students: 29,588

Campus Setting: Campus located within a suburban setting

Mascot: Peter the Anteater

Number of Applicants: 88,792

UC Irvine Tradition:

Breaking World Records!

What’s the quickest and surest claim to fame? Breaking a world record of course! Anteaters excel at breaking records. For the past three years, UCI students have gathered by the thousands to create some of the most unforgettable records to date.

In 2012 we…

Broke the world record for biggest game of dodgeball with 6,084 participants!

In 2013 we…

Broke the world record for biggest watergun fight with 3,875 participants!

And in 2014 we…

Broke the world record for largest pillow fight with 4,200 fighters!!!

What do we have in store for 2015? 

No one knows yet! But one thing’s for certain. It’s gonna be big. It’s gonna be exciting. It’s gonna be a world record!

ZOT, ZOT, ZOT!
That’s the sound an anteater makes

Find this interesting? Leave a comment and let us know!

VivienneEve23

Accepted to UC Berkeley, Brown, Claremont (CMC), Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Northwestern, Pomona, Stanford, San Diego, Vanderbilt, UCSC, UCSB, UCSD, UCLA, Cal Poly, Cal Poly Pomona, Washington

Los Angeles kid attending UC Berkeley, Class of 2020! Planning on studying business or economics. Go Bears!

tifstar1997

Accepted to Cornell, CMU, Northwestern, Johns Hopkins, UCSD, UCSB, UC Irvine

Cornell Engineering '19

College Tours 101: Everything You Need to Know

With spring break and summer vacation in our horizon, it’s time to discuss when and how to plan a successful college tour. What’s a College Tour? What’s the point?  Let’...

Should You Take a Gap Year?
Should You Take a Gap Year?

Popular among high school students from the U.K. and Australia, gap years give you an opportunity to delay attending college for a year.  While gap years are as varied as the students who...

Common Application Essay Prompts 2018-2019

With another application season behind us, it’s time to move on to the next. Here are the 2018-2019 Common Application Essay Prompts. The Common Application conducts a review process for the essay prompts every 2...