Inside Look: University of Richmond

Even smaller universities have some great spots to hang out and to study! Justin, a student at the University of Richmond, tells us about his favorite spots to spend time on campus.  If you get a chance to visit, check these places out!

Most people think a smaller school like Richmond with about 3,000 undergrads would have a campus to match in size. Once you take the time to walk from one side of campus to the other, however, you realize there is so much going on for the size of our student body. If I had to narrow it down to two spots on campus that epitomize studying and hanging out at the University of Richmond, I’d say the Library, and D-hall (that’s how we refer to the Dining Hall).

The Library caters to every kind of student. It has 5 floors including 2 basement levels (B-1 and B-2). The first floor is collaborative, a good place to hangout and do some studying with friends. B-1, B-2, and the second floor are silent study areas. If you type loudly on your keyboard, have a cough, or even a loud zipper on your backpack, prepare for some dirty looks in some of these areas. Last, but most certainly not least, is 8:15. 8:15 is a small café at the entrance of the library serving Starbucks drinks and great snacks. I highly recommend it, almost as much as D-hall.

D-hall is magnetic. It draws you in and you never want to leave. You could have three exams tomorrow to study for, but somehow you’ll manage waste away two hours at dinner in D-hall. There’s really not much else to say. The food’s great, the atmosphere is wonderful, and if you end up with a good group of buddies to eat with, it turns into more than just a meal. I really cannot sum up all the great study and hangout spots on campus, but these two location give a good taste.

To read more of Justin’s advice, visit his AdmitSee Profile!

ssp2020

Accepted to MIT, UMich, Rutgers, Cornell, Rice, Johns Hopkins

Hey! I'm a freshman at MIT interested in computer science and the arts.

Here to mentor and guide you!

UNC Writing Supplement Essay Prompts 2017-2018

Due to its popularity among in-state and out-of-state students, the University of North Carolina is one of the most competitive public universities in the US. The University of North Carolina is the oldest public university...

College Rejection: Understanding the Tufts Syndrome

Ever heard of the term Tufts Syndrome? One of our recently graduated high school interns have and Aditya wants to share with you what it means and how it affects your application. Getting rejected from...

MIT 2017-2018 Essay Prompts
MIT 2017-2018 Essay Prompts

Applying to MIT this fall? Check out the 2017-2018 MIT essay prompts!If MIT is your dream school, you should already know that MIT does not use the Common Application. Instead, they have their own...