University Traditions at UCSB!

This week’s university feature is one of the UCs in California! Stephjoobilee, a junior at UCSB, share with us some stats and traditions of her school! Looking to go to University of California, Santa Barbara? Well, here are somethings you better know! 

Founded:
1891

Location and Size: 1,055 acres on the California coast about 100 miles northwest of Los Angeles

Enrollment: 21,685

School Mascot: Gauchos

School Colors: Blue and Gold

Traditions: 

Tortilla Attack!

In the early 1990s, it became a tradition to throw tortillas onto the basketball court when the Gauchos scored their first point. This started as a way to show school spirit but some fans went overboard and became banned. Yet, even today, this tradition continues during soccer games at Harder Stadium. Before you graduate, it is a must to go to a soccer game and throw tortillas onto the field!

neha925

Accepted to Yale, UMich

Yale Undergraduate Majoring in Political Science and English
BrownBear23

Accepted to Brown, UMich, UT Austin

Artist, Writer, wannabe-philosopher
kPurl

Accepted to MIT, CalTech, UNC, Duke, Stanford, Harvard, UPenn

A hardworking student whose applications demonstrated my interest in STEM.
HarvardCowboy

Accepted to Harvard, CalTech, Duke, WashU, UVA, VA Tech, UToronto, Alabama

Advice more down-to-earth than my profile pic.