USC’s Daily Trojan on AdmitSee

On Thursday, reporter Leigh Jacobson reached out to me for an interview with USC’s Daily Trojan. The article is titled “New Website Alters Application Process”—a tagline I WISH I could claim credit for! Anyway, here’s an excerpt from the article:

The college application process has become incredibly rigorous and cutthroat. According to the Independent Educational Consultants Association, the average cost of a private admissions consultant is $4,035, and 26 percent of the high-achieving incoming freshmen at private universities hired a consultant. A lot of these consultants then keep a database of previous clients’ application files for reference, which they use to help future clients who can afford their services.

AdmitSee.com, an East Coast-based startup, is attempting to level the higher education playing field by providing an affordable alternative to hiring a private admissions counselor. The new website allows users to access a database of profiles by students currently enrolled at different universities across the country, which include varying levels of information about their own college applications.

The site’s goal is to facilitate a deeper level of connection with the actual applicants by exposing them to private information from past profiles. It’s an individualized approach; instead of profile submitters being pushed into a book of generic college application essays, each student has the opportunity to distinguish him or herself and go into more detail…

Read more on the Daily Trojan. Or see for yourself how we’re changing the application process! We already have more than 30 profiles from students admitted to USC. 

niustephanie

Accepted to Stanford, MIT, GA Tech

STEM outreach enthusiast. Poet. Programmer. Advocate for women in STEM.

Accepted to Northwestern, Emory, WashU, UMich

Hey everyone, I'm a current Northwestern student (Class of 2018, although I may finish up a little early) and I absolutely love it! Admissions really is a tough time, so try to keep your head up and don't be afraid to take chances.
rodmoretti

Accepted to Columbia, GA Tech, Northwestern, Princeton, UGA

As a part of Princeton Class of 2019, I know how difficult the application process is...I got denied, accepted, and wait-listed to several places. Let me help you find your path to success!