USC’s Daily Trojan on AdmitSee

On Thursday, reporter Leigh Jacobson reached out to me for an interview with USC’s Daily Trojan. The article is titled “New Website Alters Application Process”—a tagline I WISH I could claim credit for! Anyway, here’s an excerpt from the article:

The college application process has become incredibly rigorous and cutthroat. According to the Independent Educational Consultants Association, the average cost of a private admissions consultant is $4,035, and 26 percent of the high-achieving incoming freshmen at private universities hired a consultant. A lot of these consultants then keep a database of previous clients’ application files for reference, which they use to help future clients who can afford their services.

AdmitSee.com, an East Coast-based startup, is attempting to level the higher education playing field by providing an affordable alternative to hiring a private admissions counselor. The new website allows users to access a database of profiles by students currently enrolled at different universities across the country, which include varying levels of information about their own college applications.

The site’s goal is to facilitate a deeper level of connection with the actual applicants by exposing them to private information from past profiles. It’s an individualized approach; instead of profile submitters being pushed into a book of generic college application essays, each student has the opportunity to distinguish him or herself and go into more detail…

Read more on the Daily Trojan. Or see for yourself how we’re changing the application process! We already have more than 30 profiles from students admitted to USC. 

Hello! I'm a Freshman at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School. I plan on concentrating in finance, marketing and social impact. In high school I was active in LGBTQ advocacy and music. I can help with any questions you have about admissions
ashleyzo

Accepted to USC, Dartmouth, Emory, UMich, Rochester, Lehigh, Miami, Alabama, Ole Miss

Hi! I'm a college freshman who was accepted to some of the best universities in the country (most likely due to my essays). Feel free to ask any questions!

I'm a student at Columbia. I love writing, activism, terrible jokes, and binge-watching Netflix. Aspiring English teacher.

Harvard University Class of 2022 Early Admission Results Are In!

On Tuesday, Harvard University released its early admissions decisions for the Class of 2022 and accepted 14.5% of early applicants. This year 6,630 students applied for admission under the Early Action program, and 964 applicants were accepted into Harvard’...

Early Admission Class of 2022 Notification Dates

What date do early decision results start to roll in?College applicants vying for a spot in the Class of 2022 will hear back from their first applications throughout this upcoming week. We’ll update this...