Use Your Time Wisely During the College Application Process

The college application process is difficult to navigate. In a survey we did last fall, we asked over 25,000 students what they hate most about the college application, and it’s no surprise that the essays won the top spot.

Writing the college essays has always been the most time-consuming and stressful aspect of the application process. Part of what’s so stressful is that there are now so many essays to write. A student applying to 10 competitive schools can easily have to write 20+ essays. With an overwhelming number of essays, students often overlook supplemental essays and short-answer questions.

Can you imagine how stressful it would be to near the application deadline only to find out that you missed a couple essay questions? So, how can applicants approach the process with ease, knowing that they have answered all the essay prompts?

That’s how College Essay Organizer came about. Daniel Stern​, founder of Metro Academic Prep and College Essay Organizer, ​found himself spending hours each year combing through the colleges’ websites looking for all the essay questions, knowing there was a good chance that he was going to miss something. He joked that making applicants simply find all the essay questions seemed to be part of the actual evaluation process—it’s amazing how many times students and even college counselors miss some of them. He figured there had to be a better way—this is the digital age, after all. But there wasn’t, so he created essentially the Google of college essay questions himself. He took it one step further by designing an advanced algorithm that shows how essay questions overlap by theme so applicants can write the fewest essays possible.

College Essay Organizer instantly provides all of the essay questions for nearly 1,000 colleges and universities and provides a customized essay writing plan so students can focus on writing great essays as opposed to wasting hours simply finding the questions and figuring out what topics to write on.

See what some of their users have to say about using College Essay Organizer during the application process:  

It took me two hours to register an account for my first college application online, search through the dozen or so pages, and finally find the essays I had to write. Then someone suggested I use the Common App to make things easier since so many schools accept it, but it turns out most colleges require supplemental essays in addition to the Common App essays. I was lost. The Essay RoadMap® instantly got me on the right track.”

— Josh Accepted to Stanford University

“I had absolutely no idea how hard it would be to apply to college. The essays were the toughest part of the process, and I didn’t have any clue how to start them. This site gave me all of my essay questions, told me how to reuse them in creative ways, and helped organize me from start to finish. I would still be staring at a blank screen if it weren’t for this site.”

— Rachel Accepted to Tufts University

To help you get started writing all your college essays, create your free College Essay Organizer account here, and use the promo code ADMITSEE to upgrade to our premium ExpertAccess Webcast series free!

Don’t let the college application process scare you. There are a lot of resources out there to support you. 

beccapenn38

Ryanh914

Accepted to American, Cornell, Northwestern, Florida, Ohio State, FSU, UNC

UNC '18 from Charlotte, NC.
VivienneEve23

Accepted to UC Berkeley, Brown, Claremont (CMC), Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Northwestern, Pomona, Stanford, San Diego, Vanderbilt, UCSC, UCSB, UCSD, UCLA, Cal Poly, Cal Poly Pomona, Washington

Los Angeles kid attending UC Berkeley, Class of 2020! Planning on studying business or economics. Go Bears!