What To Look For In A University-Have You Considered These Factors?

​Choosing where to spend four years of your life is a major decision. Luckily, AdmitSee was created to help ease the process once you’ve decided! Below, a few students share what they look for in a university-are these factors important to you too?

Hasan considers majors offered, price, and location:

The majors available at a college plays a major factor when I am picking my colleges. I have visited 13 colleges so far and out of those 2 met my standards. I plan to visit a few more colleges this summer and next year. My school takes us on a few college trips every year to get a idea of what it is like. The most important factors I look to see in a college is: the cost and the location.

Kaitlyn also considers location and majors offered as well as campus culture:

I wish to be sure of my college choice. I don’t want to have any regrets. Visiting colleges seems to be the best way to guarantee I will have no regrets, so I plan to visit colleges with my school, and also over the summer. I will probably stay in the state, however, since family is something I don’t want to leave. Going too far means cutting ties with too many people.

What I’m looking for in college is a relaxing and comfy campus with the major I am looking for. I don’t particularly care about ranking or whether or not my parents like the college. Of course, the school must have a positive campus culture and the major I am looking for. Price would be another factor, for I would look more toward schools that I would be more likely to receive scholarships from. College is a new experience, and I want to make the best of it.

Price and ranking are important to Ola:

The price and ranking of a college are the two most important things to me when it comes to picking a school. I want to attend one of the top 100 schools in America, but the tuition of these schools is normally very high. I don’t want to spend more than $55,000 per year, but I know that I may have to, to get the education I want. I plan on visiting my state school and colleges in nearby Virginia and Pennsylvania. The summer of 2015 I plan on taking a two week trip to California to visit the different schools in the state. I’m really excited to finally get to see these colleges and hopefully choose my dream school!

Once you’ve made your decision, AdmitSee can help by letting you browse the profiles of students who have already been admitted to your dream college!

Ryanh914

Accepted to American, Cornell, Northwestern, Florida, Ohio State, FSU, UNC

UNC '18 from Charlotte, NC.