Women In Tech

Lydia and I ventured forth last week to attend one of NY Tech Meetup’s latest inclusion initiatives, the Women in Tech Midsummer Meetup, held at BaubleBar‘s Soho location for a night of jewelry-browsing, cocktail-sipping, and just-awkward-enough-but-also-potentially-valuable networking conversations.

This is what resulted:

As you can see, there was a photobooth…
As you can see, there was a photobooth…

“According to a recent report from New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC), women make up 48.6% of employed civilians in New York City and 39.2% of women have bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or related fields. However, women make up only 8.1% of the Professional, Scientific and Technical workforce and are founders of just 18% of startups in the city.”

NYTM’s educating and empowering women effort is commendable. I’m just happy to see an overall rise in innovation, self-started-ness and (presumably) the potential for job creation across the board, regardless of gender.

All in all, glad we attended the event and got a glimpse of a snippet of the startup world, a space we plan to become more and more familiar with as we roll out the site. The night was a rewarding one. Well, this may or may not be helped in part by the fact we did procure some spoils, bending my rule to not spend anything that night . . . but, look, I felt obligated okay? It was my first meetup as a bona fide co-founder and I wanted to blend in . . . .

Schmoozin’ along,

Steph

brianlin
WashU ‘20

Accepted to WashU, CMU, GA Tech, UGA

Aspiring Communication Design and Computer Science student, food lover extraordinaire

Ves_Nanov

Accepted to Dartmouth, Vassar, Kenyon, UVA

I am an incoming freshman from Bulgaria. I have spent one year as an exchange student in Chicago and look forward to returning to the States this fall.

Harvard University Class of 2022 Early Admission Results Are In!

On Tuesday, Harvard University released its early admissions decisions for the Class of 2022 and accepted 14.5% of early applicants. This year 6,630 students applied for admission under the Early Action program, and 964 applicants were accepted into Harvard’...

Early Admission Class of 2022 Notification Dates

What date do early decision results start to roll in?College applicants vying for a spot in the Class of 2022 will hear back from their first applications throughout this upcoming week. We’ll update this...