You Won’t Believe What These HS Students Overheard On A College Tour

The college tour is very much part of the college application process. For many applicants, it’s the determining factor on whether they should apply, or whether they should attend. Each campus tour is filled with different types of students from all over the world. This makes for the perfect awkward scenario, where you’re bound to overhear some weird interactions… These are the best responses we got from our users this week:

Senior from Fossil Ridge High School: “Is peeing on the statue a real tradition?”

Senior from Senath-Hornersville High School: I heard someone’s parents tell them “I don’t care if you get D’s, as long as you pass. Nobody cares about grades when you play sports.”

Sophomore from Haines City High School IB: “One time on a college tour I heard a mom ask if she could move in with her son to be his college roommate. She was being totally serious.”

Senior from High School for Health Professions and Human Services: “Are there good-looking professors?”

Junior from Franklin High School: “This is the CVS that we hid in because we were almost kidnapped… but it’s a really safe school don’t worry.”

For next week, we want to know what’s the strangest thing you’ve heard on a college tour! Let us know in this survey for a chance to be featured and win a $10 Amazon Gift Card. 

VivienneEve23

Accepted to UC Berkeley, Brown, Claremont (CMC), Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Northwestern, Pomona, Stanford, San Diego, Vanderbilt, UCSC, UCSB, UCSD, UCLA, Cal Poly, Cal Poly Pomona, Washington

UC Berkeley Class of 2020
tifstar1997

Accepted to Cornell, CMU, Northwestern, JHU, UCSD, UCSB, UC Irvine

Cornell Engineering '19

ashleyzo

Accepted to USC, Dartmouth, Emory, UMich, Rochester, Lehigh, Miami, Alabama, Ole Miss

Hi! I'm a college freshman who was accepted to some of the best universities in the country (most likely due to my essays). Feel free to ask any questions!