5 Must-Read Essay Introductions from Yale Admissions Essays

For many students and families, Yale is a dream.  With application season getting more and more competitive, how can students step up and turn this dream into a reality? Take a look at the following essay intros from Yale students on AdmitSee:

Mouse43

Class of 2020

I believe in the power of the hallway.

I attend a high school filled with everything from a robotics center to a three-dimensional anatomy table; there exist so many special locations I could label “home.” And yet, I still find myself happiest when walking through the somewhat stuffy, overwhelmingly overpopulated, yet comfortably carpeted hallways I frequent between classes. Read on

Corilu

Class of 2020

I see it everyday: boxes piled upon boxes, the remnants of our last move. Every crevice in my apartment holds a reminder that my home isn’t permanent and in another couple of years, we’ll move again. 5 different homes. 7 different schools. Continue reading

Alice6180

Class 0f 2019

“Without balance, you have nothing.” My fencing coach has taught me many things, but this is by far the most important. He demonstrated it during my very first lesson, when he nearly toppled me over with merely a light push on the shoulder as I stood in the en garde position. Although I quickly found my balance while fencing, it wasn’t as easy to find balance in the rest of my life. View full profile

Aao1997

Class of 2020

The incessant Q&A never really got to me. “Yes, I am an albino.” “Yes, my eyes are blue, not red.” “Yes, I do know how much some would pay for this hair.” I always told myself I had a story to tell. God made me special, right? Living with a disability, I sought to convince myself of internal worth at a young age. Nothing truly combatted such worth until I reached high school and listened more closely. Surprisingly, words murmured behind my back dug a lot deeper than inquiries and insults to my face. Whereas before it merely represented a conversational ice-breaker, albinism began to define my identity. No longer did others know me as the theater kid with chamber music on his iPod. Rather, I became a sight to see. “I saw a shooting star!” “I saw an albino!” Keep reading

MK97

Class of 2019

I turned to see my mother’s red face, eyes welled with tears that I have not seen since my family immigrated to the United States. I remember the sorrow and vulnerability consuming my mother’s face, but I only heard my heart pounding against my chest. For the first time as a child, I remember hoping my suspicions and theories about my father’s long-term absence were wrong; How could he abandon his young family? Why would he abandon me? View full profile

Are you looking to apply to Yale? Make sure to search through profiles of students accepted to see essays, stats, and advice. See how they got in, and how you can too!

fishstark

Accepted to Yale

Studied education & politics at Yale. Looking to make the world better.
yaleaboutit

Accepted to Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Brown, UC Berkeley, Pomona, UCSB, Pepperdine, Wellesley, UCLA, USC

California transplant in the Northeast
lizolat

Accepted to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Johns Hopkins, Duke, Brown, Dartmouth, WashU, USF, Florida, UCF

My name is Elizabeth, and I am from a small town in Florida. I graduated from Land O' Lakes High School, and am now a student at Yale University. My intended major is Biomedical Engineering with a Molecular Engineering focus, and I am a pre-med student.
corilu

Accepted to Yale, UCLA, UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC Riverside , UCSD, USC, Case

Hello! I'm an engineering freshman at Yale University and I have a passion for all things food related and history. Let me know if you have questions. :)