Apply for Emory University Merit-Based Scholarships

Can a private university be affordable? If you’re thinking about applying to Emory University, then the answer is yes.

Emory University is a private research university with two campuses in Atlanta and Oxford. Applicants can choose to apply to a specific campus, or choose not to have a preference. Emory University’s Oxford College embraces the qualities of a small liberal arts colleges, giving students the opportunity to experience a small student body and a large one when they move to the Atlanta campus for their last two undergraduate years.

Emory University has 3 different scholars programs: Emory Scholar Program, Oxford Scholar Program and Goizueta Scholar Program.

The Scholarship

For all 3 different scholar programs, applicants are applying for a full-tuition scholarship that is eligible for renewal for every year, up to 8 regular academic semesters. The scholarship includes tuition, on-campus room & board, and other fees. Emory Scholars will have to enroll in the Atlanta campus, Oxford Scholars have to remain enrolled at the Oxford campus for the first two years, and Goizueta Scholars will have guaranteed admission to the business school in junior year. Additionally, Goizueta Scholars will also have early access to undergraduate business classes, even as a freshman.

Eligibility & Requirements

All students, including international students, are eligible for the merit-based scholarship. Students used to require a nomination for their high school counselors, but that’s no longer required. Counselors may still submit a supplemental recommendation letter should they choose to.

Approximately 200 students every year will be notified of their admission to Emory, and a notification of their selection as a finalist by February 15th. Finalists will be invited to campus for a final round interview.

Application Details & Deadlines

No additional application materials are required to be considered. Students who want to be considered for the scholar programs simply have to indicate “Yes” to the merit-based scholarship question on the Common Application or Coalition Application.

The application must be submitted by November 15th. Applicants can choose to apply Early Decision I, Early Decision II, or Regular Decision. For those who want to apply under Early Decision I must submit their application by the ED I deadline on November 1st.

Don’t forget Emory University also offers other merit-based scholarships and competitive need-based financial aid. If you’re applying to Emory this fall, remember that the Emory application also includes writing supplements. Bookmark this full list of Emory supplemental essay prompts and tips on how to approach the them! 

For more inspiration, you can also upgrade and unlock our Emory package to view full successful application files from Emory!

alex1919
Emory ‘19

Accepted to Emory

I'm a math nerd and sports fanatic studying sports management at Emory.
whywhywhy50
Emory ‘15

Accepted to Vassar, Rochester, Emory, SUNY Geneseo, SUNY New Paltz

Creative Writing major at Emory University
HelenCZhuu
Emory ‘18

Accepted to Emory

Hi all! My name is Helen and I am currently an sophomore at Oxford College of Emory University. I am pursing a major in Business and a minor in Computer Science. In my free time, I like to go bowling with my friends and I also love to cook!
LivNJ
Emory ‘17

Accepted to Richmond, Rutgers, NYU, Emory, Amherst, Princeton, Barnard

I'm super happy, outgoing, and love meeting new people!

Student Insight: How to Approach Transferring Colleges

Not sure if your current university is the best school for you? Consider your transfer options. No one really expects to go through the application process again after senior year in high school. But things...

How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day
How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day

Stressed out about your upcoming MCAT? Our friends at Magoosh will help you through MCAT Test Day! You’ve prepared for the MCAT for months, you’ve selected the right date for you—and it’...