Inside Look: Carnegie Mellon

Are you heading to Carnegie Mellon this fall, or maybe working on your application right now?  Either way, getting an inside look into a university can give you a great idea of what life there would be like.  In this blog post, Josh, a rising sophomore at Carnegie Mellon, one of the best schools in the country for Computer Science or Engineering, shares his favorite places on campus to meet up with friends, relax, or study.

Hunt Library
Hunt Library

Carnegie Mellon has tons of great locations to relax, study, or just hang out with friends. Hunt library, located in the center of campus, offers numerous group study rooms, quiet work desks, and even personal study nooks with windows overlooking a beautiful garden. And if you get hungry while studying there is a great little café located on the first floor that is open at all hours during the week. If you are looking for a place to meet up with friends, you will likely find yourself heading to the University Center “black chairs”. Located in the main forum of the UC, these chairs are surrounded by diverse university facilities, and are a great location to meet up.

One of the best aspects of CMU’s campus is its location on the edge of Pittsburgh. If you walk a single block off campus out of the city, you will find yourself in beautiful Schenley Park. It’s a great place to relax, hang out with friends, or take a hike to relieve stress. Walk one block into the city or hop on a bus and you will suddenly find yourself surrounded by amazing restaurants, shops, and skyscrapers. The possibilities are really endless, and CMU’s location promises that there is something for just about everybody.

VivienneEve23

Accepted to UC Berkeley, Brown, Claremont (CMC), Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Northwestern, Pomona, Stanford, San Diego, Vanderbilt, UCSC, UCSB, UCSD, UCLA, Cal Poly, Cal Poly Pomona, Washington

Los Angeles kid attending UC Berkeley, Class of 2020! Planning on studying business or economics. Go Bears!

MichaelR

Accepted to Columbia, Dartmouth, Cornell, UC Berkeley, Johns Hopkins, Vanderbilt, Rice, UMich, UCLA, UNC, UT Austin, Washington, Ohio State, UCSD

Midwestern kid who loves molecular biology and electronic dance music. Let me help you edit your essays!

UNC Writing Supplement Essay Prompts 2017-2018

Due to its popularity among in-state and out-of-state students, the University of North Carolina is one of the most competitive public universities in the US. The University of North Carolina is the oldest public university...

College Rejection: Understanding the Tufts Syndrome

Ever heard of the term Tufts Syndrome? One of our recently graduated high school interns have and Aditya wants to share with you what it means and how it affects your application. Getting rejected from...

MIT 2017-2018 Essay Prompts
MIT 2017-2018 Essay Prompts

Applying to MIT this fall? Check out the 2017-2018 MIT essay prompts!If MIT is your dream school, you should already know that MIT does not use the Common Application. Instead, they have their own...