Take The Opportunity To Give Back This Summer

Plenty of students are looking forward to a summer full activities. Whether it be attending summer school or working as an intern, many students have already had their summers scheduled months ahead. For those of you who haven’t planned quite yet, don’t fret. Take this summer to do something meaningful- you can pursue a project you couldn’t dedicate yourself to during the school year, or you can volunteer.

895189323888264FB

I did a lot of volunteer work in the summer of my junior high school year, not because I thought it would look good, but because I was interested in interacting with people I wouldn’t have otherwise had a chance to. Don’t pick things because you think it will look good. If you like theater, do theater because you like it, you know? People will see the inconsistencies between your application and your extracurriculars.

Danilaroo

Notre Dame ‘18

Volunteer! Don’t just do it as a resume/college application booster, though - volunteer somewhere you think is exciting, enriching, and challenging. Pick somewhere you can see yourself still volunteering at in years’ time. The experience you will gain from immersing yourself in volunteering is invaluable, both during the college application process and way beyond.

jeg9000

Humboldt State ‘18

I really recommend that you become very involved in your community the best way possible. And the best place to start, is now! In my summer days in high school, I was involved in my church, in my sisters school, and in my local hospital. And to be honest, if I never had the opportunity to volunteer at the hospital, I would have struggled to find a field I’m interested in. I was able to make good friends with the staff that worked there and was able to explore other areas of medicine I was not aware of at the time. It only made me more interested and more dedicated into wanting to pursue medicine. 

Carriexcullen

Emerson ‘19

I would recommend volunteering in the community in ways that are applicable to your intended major. For example, I volunteered over the summer doing a film for a local charity in my town. Listing this on my application to film school showed that I am both involved in my trade and involved in my community.

Choosing where to go to college is an incredibly important decision. Make an informed choice by talking to current students on our mentorship platform. Access 60,000+ successful college application files uploaded by college students (they get paid when you view them). AdmitSee is a community of students helping students. Our goal is to bring much-needed transparency to higher education. 

fishstark

Accepted to Yale

Studied education & politics at Yale. Looking to make the world better.
yaleaboutit

Accepted to Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Brown, UC Berkeley, Pomona, UCSB, Pepperdine, Wellesley, UCLA, USC

California transplant in the Northeast
lizolat

Accepted to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Johns Hopkins, Duke, Brown, Dartmouth, WashU, USF, Florida, UCF

My name is Elizabeth, and I am from a small town in Florida. I graduated from Land O' Lakes High School, and am now a student at Yale University. My intended major is Biomedical Engineering with a Molecular Engineering focus, and I am a pre-med student.
corilu

Accepted to Yale, UCLA, UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC Riverside , UCSD, USC, Case

Hello! I'm an engineering freshman at Yale University and I have a passion for all things food related and history. Let me know if you have questions. :)