How I Faked an Injury to Get Into my Dream College

This post was written by Activity Adrienne. She is responsible for curating thousands of amazing after-school programs just like Junior Firefighter (not to mention clubs, high-school summer camps, volunteer opportunities and internships!) over at Thrively.com. When she’s not helping kids pursue their passions, you can find her hiking in the Southern California mountains with her Catahoula dog, Moose. Try Thrively for free at www.thrively.com.

I’m 35 and pregnant, and laying unconscious underneath a set of bleachers. Ten minutes ago, the bleachers collapsed and over 40 people have fallen to the ground. A fireman crawls to my side and squeezes my shoulder.

“Ma’am, can you hear me?” I just lay there. He picks up an index card off of my stomach and reads:

35 y/o female

28 weeks pregnant

breathing; unresponsive

Except I’m not 35; I’m 16. And I’m not pregnant. The 46-year old local businessman with a broken leg to my right is actually my friend Kevin. He’s been instructed to howl and complain loudly.

“Can I get some HELP over here!?” He yells in his best grumpy-old-man voice.

Kevin is placed into a wheelchair and wheeled into the parking lot. Eventually more firefighters and EMTs arrive, and they strap me to a backboard and bring me out to the parking lot.

“OK, since you’re unresponsive, we will pack you up real fast and the ambulance will take you right away,” the firefighter says. He turns and heads back to the bleachers to look for more “victims.”

Ves_Nanov

Accepted to Dartmouth, Vassar, Kenyon, UVA

I am an incoming freshman from Bulgaria. I have spent one year as an exchange student in Chicago and look forward to returning to the States this fall.
cerealjess

Accepted to Brown, Vanderbilt, Smith, Harvey Mudd, Washington, UC Berkeley, Duke, UCLA, Swarthmore

I'm a daydreamer passionate about societal transformation... who also happens to spend way too much time watching makeup tutorials.