How I Faked an Injury to Get Into my Dream College

This post was written by Activity Adrienne. She is responsible for curating thousands of amazing after-school programs just like Junior Firefighter (not to mention clubs, high-school summer camps, volunteer opportunities and internships!) over at Thrively.com. When she’s not helping kids pursue their passions, you can find her hiking in the Southern California mountains with her Catahoula dog, Moose. Try Thrively for free at www.thrively.com.

I’m 35 and pregnant, and laying unconscious underneath a set of bleachers. Ten minutes ago, the bleachers collapsed and over 40 people have fallen to the ground. A fireman crawls to my side and squeezes my shoulder.

“Ma’am, can you hear me?” I just lay there. He picks up an index card off of my stomach and reads:

35 y/o female

28 weeks pregnant

breathing; unresponsive

Except I’m not 35; I’m 16. And I’m not pregnant. The 46-year old local businessman with a broken leg to my right is actually my friend Kevin. He’s been instructed to howl and complain loudly.

“Can I get some HELP over here!?” He yells in his best grumpy-old-man voice.

Kevin is placed into a wheelchair and wheeled into the parking lot. Eventually more firefighters and EMTs arrive, and they strap me to a backboard and bring me out to the parking lot.

“OK, since you’re unresponsive, we will pack you up real fast and the ambulance will take you right away,” the firefighter says. He turns and heads back to the bleachers to look for more “victims.”

jcollica524
Emory ‘22

Accepted to Emory, Tulane, GA Tech, GWU, Binghamton, UMD, UMich, Northeastern, USC

Hey! I'm a hard-working data/business major who loves to help high school students with college apps! Message me with any questions!

I'm a student at Columbia. I love writing, activism, terrible jokes, and binge-watching Netflix. Aspiring PhD students/teacher.
rodmoretti

Accepted to Columbia, GA Tech, Northwestern, Princeton, UGA

As a part of Princeton Class of 2019, I know how difficult the application process is...I got denied, accepted, and wait-listed to several places. Let me help you find your path to success!
Serena2020

Accepted to Harvard, UChicago, Northwestern, Swarthmore, Emory, Oklahoma U, UKentucky, K College , OU, Alma

Premed on track to graduate a year early. But I love my school! National merit scholar, into surgery, arts & community…