How I Faked an Injury to Get Into my Dream College

This post was written by Activity Adrienne. She is responsible for curating thousands of amazing after-school programs just like Junior Firefighter (not to mention clubs, high-school summer camps, volunteer opportunities and internships!) over at Thrively.com. When she’s not helping kids pursue their passions, you can find her hiking in the Southern California mountains with her Catahoula dog, Moose. Try Thrively for free at www.thrively.com.

I’m 35 and pregnant, and laying unconscious underneath a set of bleachers. Ten minutes ago, the bleachers collapsed and over 40 people have fallen to the ground. A fireman crawls to my side and squeezes my shoulder.

“Ma’am, can you hear me?” I just lay there. He picks up an index card off of my stomach and reads:

35 y/o female

28 weeks pregnant

breathing; unresponsive

Except I’m not 35; I’m 16. And I’m not pregnant. The 46-year old local businessman with a broken leg to my right is actually my friend Kevin. He’s been instructed to howl and complain loudly.

“Can I get some HELP over here!?” He yells in his best grumpy-old-man voice.

Kevin is placed into a wheelchair and wheeled into the parking lot. Eventually more firefighters and EMTs arrive, and they strap me to a backboard and bring me out to the parking lot.

“OK, since you’re unresponsive, we will pack you up real fast and the ambulance will take you right away,” the firefighter says. He turns and heads back to the bleachers to look for more “victims.”

ltan98
Fordham ‘20

Accepted to American, Fordham, Skidmore, Syracuse, UC Irvine, UCSB

Hi there! I went to an American school in Hong Kong from K-12 and will be starting my freshman year at Fordham University at Lincoln Center in the fall. If you're interested in theater and come from overseas, I would be of particular help to you!
neha925

Accepted to Yale, UMich

Yale Undergraduate Majoring in Political Science and English
katiesawildcat

Accepted to Northwestern

Optimist, dancer, artist, & biologist. EDed NU.
nyudotedu

Accepted to NYU, BC, BU, GWU, Northeastern

I was born and raised in Korea, but I've studied in in U.S. boarding school for 7 years. I love people, building, and cars so I love every cities in the world.