Incredible High School Students: A Midwinter Night’s Dream

A Midwinter Night's Dream
A Midwinter Night’s Dream

Sixteen high school students from Northport, New York made multiple headlines in 2004 when their charity, A Midwinter Night’s Dream, became a million dollar success. The charity was founded to raise awareness for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), after two teachers from the students’ community were found to have ALS. The student-run charity raised $1.067 million in 5 years, and is still garnering support and awareness. With the recent ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, the critical issue of ALS has become even more known to the public.

This story truly demonstrates the power of the individual to make a difference in the community. Because these sixteen students regarded ALS as a major concern in their community, they took the means necessary to address it and raise money in support for ALS. 

If you are looking to be unique and to make a difference in your community, it all begins with looking around and determining what can be changed to better the lives of those around you. We hope this story inspires you to do just that.

Isandres2

Accepted to Utah, Colorado, Colby, Williams, SMCVT

Hi! I go by Izi and I am a current student at Williams College Class of 2019. I hope to be a biology or sociology major with a neuroscience concentration. I am on the NCAA Division 1 alpine ski team here.
Yalie

Accepted to Yale, Columbia, Rice, Williams, Amherst, UVA, UNC, W&L U, Rutgers, UVM

Entrepreneurial sophomore Mathematics and Philosophy major at Yale University who also loves the liberal arts.

Your Final Early Application Checklist
Your Final Early Application Checklist

If you're applying Early Decision or Early Action, use this checklist to make sure you've properly personalized your application and are adequately prepared for the ED/EA process....