Incredible High School Students: Akrit Jaswal

Akrit Jaswal
Akrit Jaswal
Akrit Jaswal was born in a small village in India. He became famous at the age of seven after performing his first surgery on one of his neighbors. The neighbors did not have medical insurance, so they begged Akrit to help in any way possible. He reluctantly agreed; although he was credited for being a smart child, Akrit wasn’t sure if he could undertake such a big task. However, the surgery, in which he separated a girls fused and burnt fingers, was a success. It was then that Akrit knew he wanted to go into the medical field. He began undergraduate medical training as a young teenager, and by the age of 17 he was working on his Master’s Degree. Akrit, who just turned twenty, has devoted the past couple years of his life to finding a cure for cancer.

Akrit Jaswal is proof that it is never too early to start making your mark on the world. Even though most people will not start college as a 13 years old, or perform surgeries as just a child, it is important to recognize the underlying message of Akrit’s story. You do not have to wait to start taking steps to decide your future. Get started today!

Stanford

Technophile and coffee lover. CS major and Classics minor with a passion for STEM and the arts.
Ves_Nanov
Dartmouth

Accepted to Dartmouth, Vassar, Kenyon, UVA

I am an incoming freshman from Bulgaria. I have spent one year as an exchange student in Chicago and look forward to returning to the States this fall.
jackmac401
USC

Theater/business double major from traditional & online highschool background. Can help cut essays & navigate audition/business interview process! On full tuition merit scholarship
HarvardCowboy
Harvard

Accepted to Harvard, CalTech, Duke, WashU, UVA, VA Tech, UToronto, Alabama

Advice more down-to-earth than my profile pic.