Incredible High School Students: Akrit Jaswal

Akrit Jaswal
Akrit Jaswal
Akrit Jaswal was born in a small village in India. He became famous at the age of seven after performing his first surgery on one of his neighbors. The neighbors did not have medical insurance, so they begged Akrit to help in any way possible. He reluctantly agreed; although he was credited for being a smart child, Akrit wasn’t sure if he could undertake such a big task. However, the surgery, in which he separated a girls fused and burnt fingers, was a success. It was then that Akrit knew he wanted to go into the medical field. He began undergraduate medical training as a young teenager, and by the age of 17 he was working on his Master’s Degree. Akrit, who just turned twenty, has devoted the past couple years of his life to finding a cure for cancer.

Akrit Jaswal is proof that it is never too early to start making your mark on the world. Even though most people will not start college as a 13 years old, or perform surgeries as just a child, it is important to recognize the underlying message of Akrit’s story. You do not have to wait to start taking steps to decide your future. Get started today!

youngch

Accepted to Baruch, Binghamton, Brooklyn College, Hunter, Macaulay Honors, Duke, Johns Hopkins, Northwestern, UPenn, Brown, Cornell, SUNY Buffalo, Rice, Vanderbilt, NYU, Columbia

I grew up in New York City, Bronx and Brooklyn to be exact. I went to pretty big public schools and once you find a supportive yet motivating group of friends, teachers, advisors, and counselors to complement your family, life becomes a whole lot better!
ltan98
Fordham ‘20

Accepted to American, Fordham, Skidmore, Syracuse, UC Irvine, UCSB

Hi there! I went to an American school in Hong Kong from K-12 and will be starting my freshman year at Fordham University at Lincoln Center in the fall. If you're interested in theater and come from overseas, I would be of particular help to you!
elewal

Accepted to Brown, Cornell, CMU, Wesleyan, William & Mary, Case, Villanova, Binghamton, RPI, WPI

Hi! I'm a sophomore at Brown University studying Biochemistry and English. I love writing, baking, hiking, and music.

Student Insight: How to Approach Transferring Colleges

Not sure if your current university is the best school for you? Consider your transfer options. No one really expects to go through the application process again after senior year in high school. But things...

How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day
How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day

Stressed out about your upcoming MCAT? Our friends at Magoosh will help you through MCAT Test Day! You’ve prepared for the MCAT for months, you’ve selected the right date for you—and it’...