Incredible High School Students: Bella Weems

Imagine starting your own company at just 14! Bella Weems did just that, and went on to be a part of a multi million dollar company and even earn a feature in Forbes! Her determination and creative problem solving are inspirations to any high school student choosing their extracurricular pursuits and writing their college application

Bella Weems
Bella Weems

At age 14, Bella dreamed of someday driving a new car. Her parents didn’t want her to rely on their funding, and told her that she would have to raise money herself. So Bella got creative. She used the money she earned from babysitting to create “floating lockets.” This idea turned into the custom jewelry company Origami Owl.

In 2012, the company generated $24 million in revenue, more than enough to pay for Weems’ new white Jeep (she calls the car Alice). Her amazing accomplishments, especially at such a young age, shows dedication and unique work ethic for someone of her age. Bella is a true example of how when you put your mind to something, you can do it!

We hope stories like Bella’s will inspire you to take risks in your extracurricular pursuits!

pam3171

Accepted to Harvard, SD State, USD, Yale, Drake

Harvard '19. President's Interagency Task Force on Human Trafficking. Global Health and Health Policy Concentrator. Legal and political background.
aebrennen

Accepted to Yale, UPenn, Davidson, UNC, UMich, Emory, Northwestern, Wake Forest, UVA, UKentucky, William & Mary, Miami OH, Vanderbilt

Passionate about education from the great state of Kentucky.
Ves_Nanov

Accepted to Dartmouth, Vassar, Kenyon, UVA

I am an incoming freshman from Bulgaria. I have spent one year as an exchange student in Chicago and look forward to returning to the States this fall.

Harvard University Class of 2022 Early Admission Results Are In!

On Tuesday, Harvard University released its early admissions decisions for the Class of 2022 and accepted 14.5% of early applicants. This year 6,630 students applied for admission under the Early Action program, and 964 applicants were accepted into Harvard’...

Early Admission Class of 2022 Notification Dates

What date do early decision results start to roll in?College applicants vying for a spot in the Class of 2022 will hear back from their first applications throughout this upcoming week. We’ll update this...