Incredible High School Students: Bella Weems

Imagine starting your own company at just 14! Bella Weems did just that, and went on to be a part of a multi million dollar company and even earn a feature in Forbes! Her determination and creative problem solving are inspirations to any high school student choosing their extracurricular pursuits and writing their college application

Bella Weems
Bella Weems

At age 14, Bella dreamed of someday driving a new car. Her parents didn’t want her to rely on their funding, and told her that she would have to raise money herself. So Bella got creative. She used the money she earned from babysitting to create “floating lockets.” This idea turned into the custom jewelry company Origami Owl.

In 2012, the company generated $24 million in revenue, more than enough to pay for Weems’ new white Jeep (she calls the car Alice). Her amazing accomplishments, especially at such a young age, shows dedication and unique work ethic for someone of her age. Bella is a true example of how when you put your mind to something, you can do it!

We hope stories like Bella’s will inspire you to take risks in your extracurricular pursuits!

jpm13
Rochester ‘20

Accepted to Rochester, Rutgers, Fordham, College of NJ, Drexel

Hey! I'm a freshman at University of Rochester Class of 2020 interested in double majoring in Biology and Spanish, eventually applying to med school. I'm passionate about studying science, doing research and learning new languages.
Ves_Nanov

Accepted to Dartmouth, Vassar, Kenyon, UVA

I am an incoming freshman from Bulgaria. I have spent one year as an exchange student in Chicago and look forward to returning to the States this fall.
littlegreentre…

Accepted to Stanford, Cambridge, Princeton, Yale, Brown, UPenn, Columbia, UC Berkeley, UCLA, Swarthmore, Barnard, Wellesley, Duke, NYU, BU

overly ambitious, passionately curious, helplessly perfectionistic
BrownDomer
Notre Dame ‘20

Accepted to BU, Emory, Swarthmore, Notre Dame

Hello! I'm an international student from Ethiopia and I'll be majoring in Biology. I'd love to share all the tips and tricks I've learned from my rather unique college application experience with you!