Top 10 Games for College Game Night

Whether you’re procrastinating studying for your midterm, or enjoying a night off, playing games with your floormates and roommates is a great way to spend your time.  Neil, a student at William & Mary, compiled a list of his favorite games to play with friends at college.

1. Cards Against Humanity: If you’ve ever played Apples to Apples, think of Cards Against Humanity more adult version. While one player reads a question card, other players choose one card from their hand to be read as the answer of the question. The player with the funniest answer wins!

2. Never Have I Ever: This is one game that can liven up the mood of the party quickly! Learn more about the people around you by reading phrases and seeing who has done these embarrassing things.

3. Kan Jam: If you’ve ever been to a country concert, you’ve seen people playing Kan Jam. Kan Jam involves two cans and a frisbee. The objective of the game is to throw the frisbee to your partner and hit the kan. If you throw the frisbee and it flies into the frisbee slot on the side of the kan you win! 

4. Assassin: Release your inner assassin by purchasing NERF guns and hunting down your best friends around campus! Play to have fun and get in a good workout as well.

5. UNO: This is one card game that can go for hours upon hours. Test the strength of your friendship by playing the color card game UNO. The first one to get rid of all their cards win.  Sounds easy, but you’ll see how difficult it really is!

6. Monopoly Deal: Cant find your Monopoly board game? Don’t worry because now you can play Monopoly with cards! The objective is to establish three properties before everyone else.

7. Clue: Everyone should know this game! Compete against friends to find out who was the murderer. If you watch a lot of NCIS, you will kill at this game (pun was most definitely intended).

8. Pool: By far the best way to flirt! And if you’re just playing with friends, pool is a great way to get everyone participating.

9. Bowling: This option may cost a little more than the others, but it can be one of the most fun games to play! Check when cosmic bowling is available to knock pins down in a glow-in-the-dark room. 

10. Apples to Apples: Even though this is the cleaner version of Cards Against Humanity, a lot of fun can be had with this game! It’s best for a group of friends and its not expensive at all.

loisvve1

Accepted to Stanford, Yale, Columbia, UGA

Pre-Med, language enthusiast, professional sandwich artiste.
pam3171

Accepted to Harvard, SD State, USD, Yale, Drake

Harvard '19. President's Interagency Task Force on Human Trafficking. Global Health and Health Policy Concentrator. Legal and political background.
BrownDomer
Notre Dame ‘20

Accepted to BU, Emory, Swarthmore, Notre Dame

Hello! I'm an international student from Ethiopia and I'll be majoring in Biology. I'd love to share all the tips and tricks I've learned from my rather unique college application experience with you!
Isandres2

Accepted to Utah, Colorado, Colby, Williams, SMCVT

Hi! I go by Izi and I am a current student at Williams College Class of 2019. I hope to be a biology or sociology major with a neuroscience concentration. I am on the NCAA Division 1 alpine ski team here.