Incredible High School Students: Eesha Khare

As a high school student, it pays to think outside of the box.  Not only will you gain invaluable experiences, but you could even invent something revolutionary! Eesha Khare did just that.  She was a typical teenager living in California. That is, until she created a super-capacitor energy storage device that can charge a cell phone battery in under a minute. Khare came up with the idea of a quick-charging device when her phone died while away from home and she had no way to contact her parents. Can you imagine all of your electronic devices charged in a mere 60 seconds rather than a few hours? Well, Eesha could, and she was determined to make this dream a reality.

Eesha Khare
Eesha Khare

After creating her device, Eesha entered it into the 2013 Intel International Science and Engineering Fair. She received second place out of 1,600 entrees and won the Intel Foundation Young Science Award, along with $50,000. Big name science and technology researchers became interested in Khare’s work and are looking to take it to the next level. There is hope that her invention may be used to power cars one day. 

Eesha used her incredible ideas and hard work to get into one of the most prestigious schools in the United States. She now makes her home at Harvard, where she is continuing her research along with receiving an education. 

Eesha Khare turned a problem into an incredible opportunity. Her perseverance and accomplishments should inspire all teenagers today. Just because you are young doesn’t mean you can’t change the world!

rodmoretti

Accepted to Columbia, GA Tech, Northwestern, Princeton, UGA

As a part of Princeton Class of 2019, I know how difficult the application process is...I got denied, accepted, and wait-listed to several places. Let me help you find your path to success!
pam3171

Accepted to Harvard, SD State, USD, Yale, Drake

Harvard '19. President's Interagency Task Force on Human Trafficking. Global Health and Health Policy Concentrator. Legal and political background.

Hello! I'm a Freshman at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School. I plan on concentrating in finance, marketing and social impact. In high school I was active in LGBTQ advocacy and music. I can help with any questions you have about admissions
ltan98
Fordham ‘20

Accepted to American, Fordham, Skidmore, Syracuse, UC Irvine, UCSB

Hi there! I went to an American school in Hong Kong from K-12 and will be starting my freshman year at Fordham University at Lincoln Center in the fall. If you're interested in theater and come from overseas, I would be of particular help to you!

842 Early Applicants Join Yale University's Class of 2022
842 Early Applicants Join Yale University’s Class of 2022

On December 14th, 842 early applicants were offered admissions to be a part of Yale University’s Class of 2022. Yale University accepted 14.6% of the 5,733 candidates that applied to Yale’s early action program. Yale’s early...

Harvard University Class of 2022 Early Admission Results Are In!

On Tuesday, Harvard University released its early admissions decisions for the Class of 2022 and accepted 14.5% of early applicants. This year 6,630 students applied for admission under the Early Action program, and 964 applicants were accepted into Harvard’...

Tips for New AdmitSee College Users
Tips for New AdmitSee College Users

Welcome to AdmitSee, College Students! As you transition from high school student to college student in real life, you should do the same on AdmitSee. Here are our tips on what to include, how to...