Bill Clinton at USC: Technology and Our Future

Listening to someone give a good speech can often inspire you and give you lots to think about. That’s why universities take the time and spend the money to bring in notable speakers. So if there’s a specific field you want to be exposed to, look at the list of speakers the universities you’re applying to bring in - it might help differentiate which is a better fit for you! Smileysabrina shares with us what Former President Bill Clinton had to share with the lucky few that got to hear him speak him at the University of Southern California

Ask any USC student, and he or she will tell you that it’s not uncommon for famous people to speak at our school: notable visitors in the past include Stephen Hawking, Will Ferrell, and Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan. But on November 7th of this year, USC students lined up outside our auditorium hours in advance of hearing our most distinguished speaker yet: former President Bill Clinton.

Stage for Former Pres. Bill Clinton's speech at USC
Stage for Former Pres. Bill Clinton’s speech at USC

A spot in the audience for Clinton’s speech was so highly coveted that not just anyone could attend: students had to be invited, and even then there was a long stand-by line of those not on the list, but hoping to nab a last-minute spot anyways. It wasn’t just students who attended, either: several other important guests were in attendance, including Texas Governor-Elect Greg Abbott and current California Senator Barbara Boxer.

Interested in this article? Leave a comment and tell us what you think!

Columbia

I'm a student at Columbia. I love writing, activism, terrible jokes, and binge-watching Netflix. Aspiring PhD students/teacher.
mlotfi_
Georgetown

Accepted to Georgetown, American, GWU, BU

Georgetown Transfer from UMass Boston going into my Sophomore year (AFROTC, ATHLETE)
jpm13
Rochester

Accepted to Rochester, Rutgers, Fordham, College of NJ, Drexel

Hey! I'm a freshman at University of Rochester Class of 2020 interested in double majoring in Biology and Spanish, eventually applying to med school. I'm passionate about studying science, doing research and learning new languages.
rodmoretti
Princeton

Accepted to Columbia, GA Tech, Northwestern, Princeton, UGA

As a part of Princeton Class of 2019, I know how difficult the application process is...I got denied, accepted, and wait-listed to several places. Let me help you find your path to success!