Bill Clinton at USC: Technology and Our Future

Listening to someone give a good speech can often inspire you and give you lots to think about. That’s why universities take the time and spend the money to bring in notable speakers. So if there’s a specific field you want to be exposed to, look at the list of speakers the universities you’re applying to bring in - it might help differentiate which is a better fit for you! Smileysabrina shares with us what Former President Bill Clinton had to share with the lucky few that got to hear him speak him at the University of Southern California

Ask any USC student, and he or she will tell you that it’s not uncommon for famous people to speak at our school: notable visitors in the past include Stephen Hawking, Will Ferrell, and Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan. But on November 7th of this year, USC students lined up outside our auditorium hours in advance of hearing our most distinguished speaker yet: former President Bill Clinton.

Stage for Former Pres. Bill Clinton's speech at USC
Stage for Former Pres. Bill Clinton’s speech at USC

A spot in the audience for Clinton’s speech was so highly coveted that not just anyone could attend: students had to be invited, and even then there was a long stand-by line of those not on the list, but hoping to nab a last-minute spot anyways. It wasn’t just students who attended, either: several other important guests were in attendance, including Texas Governor-Elect Greg Abbott and current California Senator Barbara Boxer.

Interested in this article? Leave a comment and tell us what you think!

VivienneEve23

Accepted to UC Berkeley, Brown, Claremont (CMC), Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Northwestern, Pomona, Stanford, San Diego, Vanderbilt, UCSC, UCSB, UCSD, UCLA, Cal Poly, Cal Poly Pomona, Washington

Los Angeles kid attending UC Berkeley, Class of 2020! Planning on studying business or economics. Go Bears!
Tulane ‘20

SChai

Accepted to Georgetown, NYU, Barnard, Northeastern

Hi, I'm Shannon! I'm from San Jose, California, spent a gap year living and working in Leipzig, Germany, and now I go to college in Washington D.C. I've shared everything I can remember about the college application process with y'all! :)

Emory University: Essay Topics & Personal Statement Examples

Applying to Emory University this fall? If you are just getting started on your application essays, get some inspiration from these successful essay excerpts:1. Overcoming Personal StruggleEssay Excerpt from DooleypeanutsEmory University ‘22 Neuroscience and Neurobiology “The...

5 Tips to Help You Look for Scholarships this Summer

Summer after junior year in high school is a great time for you to start looking and applying for scholarships. Why? You’ll get more for your efforts. It’s not something most applicants are...