Your College RA Doesn’t Want You To Read This

Everyone has a love-hate relationship with their resident advisors. They’re like beloved older siblings, oozing school spirit and positivity. They’re also your worst enemy - enforcing outdated rules, confiscating precious dorm supplies. Ever wonder what they do when they aren’t baking cookies or writing up your friends? Here are 10 things RAs don’t want you to know!

1. They keep a list of best and worst students. 

2. They share the list with other RAs so they know which dorms to target. 

3. They schedule baked goods nights when they know students are busy, effectively using floor funds to buy study snacks for themselves. 

4. They love uncovering alcohol stockpiles… and keeping part of it for themselves.

5. They get together twice a year for updates on safety regulations and to take super nerdy #squad photos. 

6. They like to think of themselves as human polygraphs.

7. They know rules and how to flout them. 

8. They treat their friends to lunch like a baller because they’re rich in flex dollars. 

9. They save about $13,000 per year and get free housing. 

10. They are graduating with way less debt than you. 

Wish you had RA level money? Create an AdmitSee profile and claim your $10 signup bonus. Get paid for answering users’ questions and providing valuable insight into the college application process.

Isandres2

Accepted to Utah, Colorado, Colby, Williams, SMCVT

Hi! I go by Izi and I am a current student at Williams College Class of 2019. I hope to be a biology or sociology major with a neuroscience concentration. I am on the NCAA Division 1 alpine ski team here.

Accepted to Northwestern, Emory, WashU, UMich

Hey everyone, I'm a current Northwestern student (Class of 2018, although I may finish up a little early) and I absolutely love it! Admissions really is a tough time, so try to keep your head up and don't be afraid to take chances.
vicamit

Accepted to Florida, Vanderbilt, Duke, Emory, UPenn, Miami, Northeastern, UVA, UNC, Georgetown, Rice

Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholar at Vanderbilt and art enthusiast
ltan98
Fordham ‘20

Accepted to American, Fordham, Skidmore, Syracuse, UC Irvine, UCSB

Hi there! I went to an American school in Hong Kong from K-12 and will be starting my freshman year at Fordham University at Lincoln Center in the fall. If you're interested in theater and come from overseas, I would be of particular help to you!

Early Decision: Should You Apply ED?
Early Decision: Should You Apply ED?

As we get closer to the fall, many rising seniors are wondering, “Should I apply Early Decision?” One of our interns, Anita, recalls her decision to apply ED to University of Pennsylvania, why she did...

4 Tips to Manage Work Life Balance in High School

Adults might be surprised, but high school students also find it difficult to juggle a good work life balance.We’ve all been there. You’ve had to cancel your plan with your friends because...