Your College RA Doesn’t Want You To Read This

Everyone has a love-hate relationship with their resident advisors. They’re like beloved older siblings, oozing school spirit and positivity. They’re also your worst enemy - enforcing outdated rules, confiscating precious dorm supplies. Ever wonder what they do when they aren’t baking cookies or writing up your friends? Here are 10 things RAs don’t want you to know!

1. They keep a list of best and worst students. 

2. They share the list with other RAs so they know which dorms to target. 

3. They schedule baked goods nights when they know students are busy, effectively using floor funds to buy study snacks for themselves. 

4. They love uncovering alcohol stockpiles… and keeping part of it for themselves.

5. They get together twice a year for updates on safety regulations and to take super nerdy #squad photos. 

6. They like to think of themselves as human polygraphs.

7. They know rules and how to flout them. 

8. They treat their friends to lunch like a baller because they’re rich in flex dollars. 

9. They save about $13,000 per year and get free housing. 

10. They are graduating with way less debt than you. 

Wish you had RA level money? Create an AdmitSee profile and claim your $10 signup bonus. Get paid for answering users’ questions and providing valuable insight into the college application process.

niustephanie

Accepted to Stanford, MIT, GA Tech

STEM outreach enthusiast. Poet. Programmer. Advocate for women in STEM.
tifstar1997

Accepted to Cornell, CMU, Northwestern, Johns Hopkins, UCSD, UCSB, UC Irvine

Cornell Engineering '19

Student Insight: How to Approach Transferring Colleges

Not sure if your current university is the best school for you? Consider your transfer options. No one really expects to go through the application process again after senior year in high school. But things...

How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day
How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day

Stressed out about your upcoming MCAT? Our friends at Magoosh will help you through MCAT Test Day! You’ve prepared for the MCAT for months, you’ve selected the right date for you—and it’...