This Week’s Feature: Claremont McKenna College

Looking to apply to Claremont McKenna? Or perhaps, you just got accepted?! If so, congratulations! Either way, if you’re interested in attending CMC, these are a couple of things Phil, a sophomore at Claremont McKenna, thinks you need to know! 

Founded: 1946

Location: Claremont, CA

Type: Private Liberal Arts College

Size: Small

Undergraduate Students: 1,254

Campus Setting: Campus located within a suburban setting

CMC Traditions:

Getting Ponded

If it’s your birthday, you better be vigilant as it is a tradition for students to get thrown into one of the fountains located in the center of campus as a celebration. Whether you try and avoid it or you accept the inevitable, students will be picked up wherever they may be on their birthday and be thrown into one of the fountains on campus by their peers and friends. Thankfully the warm Southern California climate makes getting “ponded” not too bad an experience at all.

Hello! I'm a Freshman at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School. I plan on concentrating in finance, marketing and social impact. In high school I was active in LGBTQ advocacy and music. I can help with any questions you have about admissions

ashleyzo

Accepted to USC, Dartmouth, Emory, UMich, Rochester, Lehigh, Miami, Alabama, Ole Miss

Hi! I'm a college freshman who was accepted to some of the best universities in the country (most likely due to my essays). Feel free to ask any questions!