This Week’s Feature: Claremont McKenna College

Looking to apply to Claremont McKenna? Or perhaps, you just got accepted?! If so, congratulations! Either way, if you’re interested in attending CMC, these are a couple of things Phil, a sophomore at Claremont McKenna, thinks you need to know! 

Founded: 1946

Location: Claremont, CA

Type: Private Liberal Arts College

Size: Small

Undergraduate Students: 1,254

Campus Setting: Campus located within a suburban setting

CMC Traditions:

Getting Ponded

If it’s your birthday, you better be vigilant as it is a tradition for students to get thrown into one of the fountains located in the center of campus as a celebration. Whether you try and avoid it or you accept the inevitable, students will be picked up wherever they may be on their birthday and be thrown into one of the fountains on campus by their peers and friends. Thankfully the warm Southern California climate makes getting “ponded” not too bad an experience at all.

ltan98
Fordham ‘20

Accepted to American, Fordham, Skidmore, Syracuse, UC Irvine, UCSB

Hi there! I went to an American school in Hong Kong from K-12 and will be starting my freshman year at Fordham University at Lincoln Center in the fall. If you're interested in theater and come from overseas, I would be of particular help to you!