This Week’s Feature: Claremont McKenna College

Looking to apply to Claremont McKenna? Or perhaps, you just got accepted?! If so, congratulations! Either way, if you’re interested in attending CMC, these are a couple of things Phil, a sophomore at Claremont McKenna, thinks you need to know! 

Founded: 1946

Location: Claremont, CA

Type: Private Liberal Arts College

Size: Small

Undergraduate Students: 1,254

Campus Setting: Campus located within a suburban setting

CMC Traditions:

Getting Ponded

If it’s your birthday, you better be vigilant as it is a tradition for students to get thrown into one of the fountains located in the center of campus as a celebration. Whether you try and avoid it or you accept the inevitable, students will be picked up wherever they may be on their birthday and be thrown into one of the fountains on campus by their peers and friends. Thankfully the warm Southern California climate makes getting “ponded” not too bad an experience at all.

kltaylor96

Accepted to Duke, Northwestern, Elon , William & Mary, Centre, Campbell

I am someone who always shoots for the moon so that if I miss, I will land among the stars.

Here to mentor and guide you! :)
LorLop
CMU ‘21

Accepted to CMU, RPI, Stevens, New Jersey IT

Carnegie Mellon University Computer Engineering Student
abbyyys18
Babson ‘23

Accepted to Babson, BU, Bentley, Northeastern, Holy Cross, Skidmore, Fordham, Muhlenberg, Whitman, Whittier , F&M

An international student interested in business management. I'm not an outstanding student but I got into my preferred schools; find out how!