This Week’s Feature: Claremont McKenna College

Looking to apply to Claremont McKenna? Or perhaps, you just got accepted?! If so, congratulations! Either way, if you’re interested in attending CMC, these are a couple of things Phil, a sophomore at Claremont McKenna, thinks you need to know! 

Founded: 1946

Location: Claremont, CA

Type: Private Liberal Arts College

Size: Small

Undergraduate Students: 1,254

Campus Setting: Campus located within a suburban setting

CMC Traditions:

Getting Ponded

If it’s your birthday, you better be vigilant as it is a tradition for students to get thrown into one of the fountains located in the center of campus as a celebration. Whether you try and avoid it or you accept the inevitable, students will be picked up wherever they may be on their birthday and be thrown into one of the fountains on campus by their peers and friends. Thankfully the warm Southern California climate makes getting “ponded” not too bad an experience at all.

lmelcher

Accepted to Columbia, Brown, UPenn, Rice, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UVA, UC Davis, UCSD, UCSC, USC

Hey! I'm a John Jay Scholar at Columbia, and I'm from Los Angeles. I'm planning to major in Art History and do ballet and theater. Hope I can help!
hannah626

Accepted to UGA

I am a current junior at Duke studying biology, marine science, and markets and management studies
nyudotedu

Accepted to NYU, BC, BU, GWU, Northeastern

I was born and raised in Korea, but I've studied in in U.S. boarding school for 7 years. I love people, building, and cars so I love every cities in the world.