Top 10 Dorm Room Themes

Having trouble decorating your dorm room this semester?  Feeling the white walls are a little too bare? Take a tip from these 10 dorm room themes and make your room your own!

1. Minimalist

Embrace the white! Stick with your neutral color palette, adding shelves and pillows that match your walls. Cut down on the clutter with space-saving filing cabinets.

2. Preppy

Embrace summer year round! Stock up on monograms, chevron, Lilly Pulitzer prints, and Vineyard Vines stickers. Etsy is a great resource for custom preppy head boards.

3. Edgy

Bold colors like red and black create an edgy dorm room. Cool graphic prints, and simple bedding shine here. If you can’t paint your room, try removable wallpaper!

4. Glamorous

Channel old Hollywood glam with a pink, black, and gold color scheme. Find posters of your favorite glam style icon!

5. Bohemian

In a bohemian bedroom rich jewel tones are the way to go. Hang an intricate tapestry with rich colors for a cheap but stylish decor option.

6. Shabby Chic

Soft neutrals and pastels work great with shabby chic decor. Look for bedding with nautical themes or small floral patterns to complete the look!

7. Nerd-gasm

Embrace your inner nerd with quirky posters, shelves of figurines, and lots of merch. Laid back tones are also a great backdrop for the brightly colored fan art!

8. Athletic

Perfect for showing off your favorite teams! You can make your favorite sport the focus with a well-placed themed rug or pillow.

9. Hipster

Show off what inspires you. Look for beautiful photography and motivational quote decals to put on your walls. Fairy lights or christmas lights are also a must!

10. Rock Star

Hang up your favorite band posters and vinyls. Keep your guitar in the corner for easy access when a late night jam calls!

Accepted to Columbia, GA Tech, Northwestern, Princeton, UGA

As a part of Princeton Class of 2019, I know how difficult the application process is...I got denied, accepted, and wait-listed to several places. Let me help you find your path to success!

Student Reviews: Dartmouth College's Location & Culture
Student Reviews: Dartmouth College’s Location & Culture

Thinking about applying or enrolling at Dartmouth College? Look beyond Dartmouth’s Ivy League reputation and see what current Dartmouth students have to say about going to school in Hanover. 1. Dartmouth’s Campus & CultureStudent...

The 10 Stages Of Waiting For College Decisions

Nothing feels more like a judgment of who you are as a person and what you’ve accomplished than college admissions results. As you oscillate between crushing self-doubt and steeled confidence about how your application...

Class of 2022 Regular Decision Notification Dates

College decisions are drawing closer. With so many different notification dates to keep track of, we’ve put together a list of Class of 2022 release dates to help you manage it all. March 14th, 2018Massachusetts...