Top 10 Dorm Room Themes

Having trouble decorating your dorm room this semester?  Feeling the white walls are a little too bare? Take a tip from these 10 dorm room themes and make your room your own!

1. Minimalist

Embrace the white! Stick with your neutral color palette, adding shelves and pillows that match your walls. Cut down on the clutter with space-saving filing cabinets.

2. Preppy

Embrace summer year round! Stock up on monograms, chevron, Lilly Pulitzer prints, and Vineyard Vines stickers. Etsy is a great resource for custom preppy head boards.

3. Edgy

Bold colors like red and black create an edgy dorm room. Cool graphic prints, and simple bedding shine here. If you can’t paint your room, try removable wallpaper!

4. Glamorous

Channel old Hollywood glam with a pink, black, and gold color scheme. Find posters of your favorite glam style icon!

5. Bohemian

In a bohemian bedroom rich jewel tones are the way to go. Hang an intricate tapestry with rich colors for a cheap but stylish decor option.

6. Shabby Chic

Soft neutrals and pastels work great with shabby chic decor. Look for bedding with nautical themes or small floral patterns to complete the look!

7. Nerd-gasm

Embrace your inner nerd with quirky posters, shelves of figurines, and lots of merch. Laid back tones are also a great backdrop for the brightly colored fan art!

8. Athletic

Perfect for showing off your favorite teams! You can make your favorite sport the focus with a well-placed themed rug or pillow.

9. Hipster

Show off what inspires you. Look for beautiful photography and motivational quote decals to put on your walls. Fairy lights or christmas lights are also a must!

10. Rock Star

Hang up your favorite band posters and vinyls. Keep your guitar in the corner for easy access when a late night jam calls!

Ves_Nanov

Accepted to Dartmouth, Vassar, Kenyon, UVA

I am an incoming freshman from Bulgaria. I have spent one year as an exchange student in Chicago and look forward to returning to the States this fall.
jpm13
Rochester ‘20

Accepted to Rochester, Rutgers, Fordham, College of NJ, Drexel

Hey! I'm a freshman at University of Rochester Class of 2020 interested in double majoring in Biology and Spanish, eventually applying to med school. I'm passionate about studying science, doing research and learning new languages.

USC Merit-Based Scholarships You Should Know About

Worried about how you can afford to attend a private university? If you’re applying to the University of Southern California, there are a few merit-based scholarships you should know to alleviate the cost. As...

Student Insight: What to Expect from College Interviews

Not sure what to expect from a college interview? We asked 5 students to share their college interview experiences with you. First thing you should know about college interviews is that they are not required. More...