Inside Look: UCLA

The new school year is rapidly approaching, and a whole new class of students will be entering college!  Getting an inside look before you get to school can give you an idea of what your day-to-day life will be like, and where you’ll find yourself spending most of your time on campus. Josh F, a student at UCLA, shared his favorite spots to spend time and study on campus. If you’re off to UCLA in the fall, make sure to check out these popular campus spots!

Powell Library
Powell Library

I really like how the UCLA campus is pretty compact. It may sound difficult to find your own special place on campus, but it’s actually not bad at all. I have a couple of favorite places to study. I love Powell Library because the designs on the walls and ceiling are beautiful. Plus, it just might be the quietest place on campus. I surround myself with other quiet, focused students, and I am able to concentrate and be productive. I also love studying at the Schoenberg Music Library because it is small and silent. The desks are large and communal, and the chairs are comfortable. I study here when I don’t feel like being around as many people as Powell Library or if I’m just tired of Powell Library.

Also, on campus, my own special place is a small patio in an administrative building called Murphy Hall. It has a bench and two small tables shaded by umbrellas. The best part is that it’s private. UCLA can feel crowded, but I can go to there and enjoy lunch or take a nap. People rarely stop by, and when they do, they are quiet and quick. When it’s not too sunny or windy, that’s my favorite place to study.

UCLA places all the dorms at a single, separate location. This is where most of my social life takes place, where I usually meet with friends to study or hang out, and where we eat together in the dining halls.

What’s most important at the end of the day is to be able to enjoy your college campus your way and choose to experience college the way you want.  Take time to explore and find some great spots to spend your day, whether you’re studying or spending some time with friends.

NEXT POST: Dorm Room Must Haves and How to WIN them!

VivienneEve23

Accepted to UC Berkeley, Brown, Claremont (CMC), Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Northwestern, Pomona, Stanford, San Diego, Vanderbilt, UCSC, UCSB, UCSD, UCLA, Cal Poly, Cal Poly Pomona, Washington

Los Angeles kid attending UC Berkeley, Class of 2020! Planning on studying business or economics. Go Bears!
littlegreentre…

Accepted to Cambridge, Stanford, Princeton, Yale, Brown, UPenn, Columbia, UC Berkeley, UCLA, Swarthmore, Barnard, Wellesley, Duke, NYU, BU

overly ambitious, passionately curious, helplessly perfectionistic