5 Unique Essay Introductions from NYU Admissions Essays

As the excitement from the acceptances of last application cycle settles, the anxiety and eagerness of the next class of applicants begins to rise. Rising seniors are increasingly interested to find out what colleges and universities are out there, and what they want to pursue in higher education. For those who want to attend a city school, New York University will, without a doubt, be a consideration. With 6,000 students in each class and the endless opportunities that New York City has to offer, NYU is one of the most attractive universities out there. Take a look at the following essay intros from NYU students on AdmitSee:

Dhyun15

Class of 2019

What can I offer NYU? One of NYU’s prominent features is its active involvement in underprivileged areas. So why should a “forprofit” ideal contradict the concept of helping the poor? As a future freshman here, I will combine NYU’s culture of community service and its strong business background to fuel our students’ entrepreneurial endeavors. View full profile.

Rahat

Class of 2020

I stared at my polished railing as the photons danced in the humid air allowing me to perceive reality. I could taste salt water in my crimson lips as I stared into what I thought was oblivion. I snapped out of my depressive trance and wiped away my tears. I couldn’t be weak, not now. Moving back to Bangladesh was, in the eyes of a 12 year old, a curse. Keep reading

Samdasoo

Class of 2019

I waited patiently outside of the men’s bathroom.  My 6-year-old brother insisted on venturing in by himself.  Reluctantly, I left him go, but I was worried.  In reality, only five minutes had passed, but to me, it seemed like an eternity.   Five minutes turned to six, and my heart sank as I heard him screaming frantically from within.  My fears had been realized; my brother was in trouble again.  Without hesitation, I rushed into the bathroom to find my brother crying at the top of his lungs. Continue reading

Ngozirebecca

Class of 2019

Memories of exciting battles like these are safely snuggled away in the pages of some of my most beloved books, and in their fantastic, otherworldly settings I have become the confident girl I am today. When I was younger, I seriously struggled with self-acceptance. Watching movies like Mean Girls or The Breakfast Club, I could never pick out people who looked like me. Leading ladies were gorgeous and delicate, not tall and awkward with afros that struck fear into the hearts of passersby. Insecure, I skulked into high school, the proverbial black sheep amongst ravenous coyotes and mama bears. See full profile

ShaneNYUStern

Class of 2019

This was all very different to me. It wasn’t the fact that I was on a plane. I had flown many times before. It wasn’t the fact that I was flying to Europe. I had done that two years ago when my family returned to Moscow with my adopted sister. This time, it had to do with me. I was sitting next to an old English man with ruddy skin that glared my direction every time the cabin jostled and I accidentally bumped him. I was flying by myself to go somewhere I had never been before. I was flying to London. View full profile

Are you looking to apply to NYU? Make sure to search through profiles of students accepted to see essays, stats, and advice. See how they got in, and how you can too!

nyudotedu

Accepted to NYU, BC, BU, GWU, Northeastern

I was born and raised in Korea, but I've studied in in U.S. boarding school for 7 years. I love people, building, and cars so I love every cities in the world.
ShaneNYUStern

Accepted to NYU, Williams, W&L U, CMU, Holy Cross, Tufts, VA Tech, UChicago, William & Mary

All-American Swimmer, Coca-Cola Scholar, NYU Stern Class of 2019. I am pursuing a major in Marketing or Finance with a minor in International Business
rp_alpha

Accepted to Northwestern, NYU, DePaul

I'm a music performance major at NYU's Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human development, and I'm also doing a minor in the business of entertainment, media, and technology.
vc24

Accepted to New Jersey IT, NYU, Rutgers

I am a hard working student who is willing to sacrifice things in the present to better my future.