Valentine’s Day on a College Student Budget

With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, we expect many of you are still searching for the perfect way to surprise your loved one. We also know that, as college students, your wallet might not that large. That’s okay - we’ve all been there. Luckily, we’ve compiled some great last minute options to crush Valentine’s Day on a college budget.

You can use your $10 AdmitSee signup bonus for… You can spend some time preparing your favorite foods and take your Valentine to the park for a nice picnic. It might sound cliche, but a nice, relaxing afternoon can really make for a nice date. You can also spend a nice evening out at your favorite dessert spot, grab a milkshake, and ask for an extra straw.

Take a hint from Lady and the Tramp - sharing a shake is pretty cute. Last but not least, you can do what we all love to do at heart: grab some ice cream and turn on your favorite romantic movie. After a long week of classes, you deserve some relaxation time.

For $50… You can snuggle up at the movies and watch the most recent Nicholas Sparks movie, The Choice. It’ll never be The Notebook, but give it a shot!

If you want the date to be a little bit more hands on… head to your local Color Me Mine for some arts and crafts. If you really know the way to someone’s heart, you’ll know it’s through food. You may not be able to wine and dine them, but all you can eat and drink restaurants are always a fun option.  

For $150… You can really splurge on a night out and hit the nicest restaurant in town (okay, maybe not the nicest). Dress up and look nice for a great wine and dine at a local steakhouse. If you’re looking for something stress relieving, book a couples massage at the spa.

It’s a great way to wind down and ease the stress of all the hard work you’ve been doing at school. Want to do something more upbeat and fun? Snag some last minute tickets to a concert in your area. Listening to great music and hanging out with your Valentine is surely a great way to spend the evening.

Want to treat your special someone? Don’t forget to apply for AdmitSee’s $5,000 scholarshipSign up now and answer our simple question, and you’ll be entered to win. If you’re looking for help on your applications or admissions essays, search our database of students to find one just like you. You can see their stats, essays, and advice on how to get in!

vicamit

Accepted to Florida, Vanderbilt, Duke, Emory, UPenn, Miami, Northeastern, UVA, UNC, Georgetown, Rice

Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholar at Vanderbilt and art enthusiast

yuzhushi
UMD ‘20

Accepted to UMD, Johns Hopkins, Duke, Case, Swarthmore, Penn State

Student Insight: How to Approach Transferring Colleges

Not sure if your current university is the best school for you? Consider your transfer options. No one really expects to go through the application process again after senior year in high school. But things...

How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day
How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day

Stressed out about your upcoming MCAT? Our friends at Magoosh will help you through MCAT Test Day! You’ve prepared for the MCAT for months, you’ve selected the right date for you—and it’...

Brown University Class of 2022 Results Released

Brown University admits 738 early decision applicants from the largest early admission application pool Brown has had since the early application program started 16 years ago. The 738 students who received good news from Brown make up 21.1% of...