Would You Volunteer with School.Me?

Today I had the opportunity to meet with Ritu from School.Me, a nonprofit EdTech startup currently in beta. School.Me provides is platform for college students in the U.S. to mentor students from underserved international schools.

I’ve mentored students in New York City and Baltimore (when I attended Johns Hopkins)—I found the experience to be incredibly fulfilling. Unfortunately, I just don’t have the time these days. I think School.Me sounds like a fantastic idea, allowing you to mentor students on your own time!

On AdmitSee, we plan to roll out a paid mentorship subscription later this year—Admits who opt into the program will get paid to answer applicants’ questions. The question is—would you be willing to mentor students who can’t afford to pay? School.Me would love to hear from you! Please comment on this post and sign up to test their site!

BGrove
Duke

Accepted to Duke, UT Austin, GA Tech, Washington, Arizona

I am a normal person: I promise. I am a big sports fan who will be attending Duke to watch basketball (and hopefully graduate with an economics degree).
loisvve1
Stanford

Accepted to Stanford, Yale, Columbia, UGA

Pre-Med, language enthusiast, professional sandwich artiste.
bluedevil25
Duke

Accepted to Duke, Binghamton

Aristotle said, "A friend to all is a friend to none." I disagree.
MichaelR
Columbia

Accepted to Columbia, Dartmouth, Cornell, UC Berkeley, JHU, Vanderbilt, Rice, UMich, UCLA, UNC, UT Austin, Washington, Ohio State, UCSD

Midwestern kid who loves molecular biology and electronic dance music. Let me help you edit your essays!