Yale Class of 2022: 6.31 Percent of Applicants Accepted

Yale University welcomes the second first-year class (Class of 2022!) since the opening of Pauli Murray and Benjamin Franklin residential college.

Yale University offered admission to a total of 2,229 students - both early action and regular decision - from a record pool of 35,305 applicants, the university announced. This brings the overall acceptance rate down to 6.31%.

Applicants might be excited to hear about Yale’s two additional residential colleges, especially since it means an expanded class size. Like the Class of 2021, the Class of 2022 is 15% larger than the previous recent classes, and will continue be so until the Class of 2024. As announced last year, Yale University plans to expand its undergraduate enrollment by an additional 800 students, increasing its undergraduate student body from 5,400 to 6,200.

The expanded class size is not enough to accommodate all the students fighting for a spot in the Class of 2022, especially with a 7.3% increase increase in number of applications compared to lsat year.

Earlier this year, 842 of the 5,733 applicants were accepted early action to Yale. 55% of the early action applicants were deferred for reconsideration alongside the additional 29,573 regular decision applicants. On March 28th, only another 1,387 students were offered admissions to Yale and 1,102 were put on the waitlist.

Yale expects an enrollment class of 1,550 this year. Accepted students are invited to campus to attend Bulldog Days to learn more about what the university has to offer on April 23rd - 25th, 2018.

Congratulations to the Yale Class of 2022!

Whether you got into your dream school or not, your admissions experience is valuable and we want to feature your application story. Join other Yale Admits and turn your success into insights for future applicants by creating a College Admit profile. Plus, you get to earn some extra money!

Sources: Yale NewsYale Daily News

amertz18

Accepted to Yale, Cornell, UMich, GA Tech, Case, Purdue, RPI, Lehigh

I am a former movie theater employee from the Midwest who now studies Mechanical Engineering at Yale University.
karenlu653

Accepted to Yale, Emory, Vanderbilt, Brown, Amherst, CMU, NYU, Miami, UNC, UVA

Deeply curious, love to learn, and is happiest eating.
tinternabbey

Accepted to Yale, Stanford, Harvard, Brown, UC Berkeley, UCSD, UC Irvine, USC, Pomona

Cognitive Science Major → Medical Student
slandino

Accepted to Yale, Tulane, Binghamton

veni, vidi, vici.