10 Fun Facts about Rice University

1. Nearly half of all Rice students are from out of state.

2. The wall at the entrance of Rice’s architecture building is known as the ‘Frog Wall’ for the croaking ‘frog noises’ it makes if you run your fingers over the holes.

3. All students are required to finish two P.E. type classes of Lifetime Physical Activity Program, or LPAP, before graduation.

anne_rara

Accepted to Rice, UT Austin, UTRGV, ST Edwards , Baylor, Texas A&M

Rice 2021
benschragger

Accepted to Rice, SC

Sport Management Major and Varsity Baseball Player at Rice University
aznzing

Accepted to Rice, Northwestern, U Iowa

Experience with applying as a Low-Income First Generation College Student and with QuestBridge; Also Waitlisted at Harvard, WashU in St. Louis, and UChicago
joshuabrandel

Accepted to Rice, Northeastern, Mines

I love learning about how things work

Early Decision: Should You Apply ED?
Early Decision: Should You Apply ED?

As we get closer to the fall, many rising seniors are wondering, “Should I apply Early Decision?” One of our interns, Anita, recalls her decision to apply ED to University of Pennsylvania, why she did...

4 Tips to Manage Work Life Balance in High School

Adults might be surprised, but high school students also find it difficult to juggle a good work life balance.We’ve all been there. You’ve had to cancel your plan with your friends because...