10 Signs College Decisions Are Almost Here

Brace yourself. College admissions week is almost here. It’s going to be an emotional few weeks, so hang in there. Here are 10 signs college acceptance letters are en route to your mailbox!

1. People have started setting countdowns till admission letters are released.

2. You find yourself on edge whenever someone starts a sentence with “Hey, have you heard…?”

3. People’s emotions are all over the place.

4. You are incessantly checking your email every time you get a chance…

5. And run home to check the mail immediately after school.

6. You start seeing people not-so-humble-bragging on social media about results.

7. You feign an attitude of “it’s their loss,” but you’re plagued by self doubt.

8. You NEED to talk about it yet you’ve also vowed to never mention the words “college” or “accept” in the same sentence.

9. So you end up unleashing anonymous fury on forums that let you publicly rant.

10. You’re holding out hope for the day your inner scream of agony turns into a scream of joy… because then it’ll be all worth it.

You’re only a 2 weeks away from hearing back from the schools you’ve applied to. If you applied to MIT, then you’ll hear back as early as tomorrow! It’s a lot easier said than done, but remember to breathe!

You should be anxious, but just remember whatever you school you end up, it’s what you make out of it. We’re excited to see all of you Class of 2021 on AdmitSee soon! 

brianlin
WashU ‘20

Accepted to WashU, CMU, GA Tech, UGA

Aspiring Communication Design and Computer Science student, food lover extraordinaire
ayinUChicago

Accepted to Duke, Brown, NYU, UChicago, UNC, East Carolina, NC State

I'm a class of 2018'er at UChicago studying Economics and Psychology! Super interested in start-ups and economics.

Ves_Nanov

Accepted to Dartmouth, Vassar, Kenyon, UVA

I am an incoming freshman from Bulgaria. I have spent one year as an exchange student in Chicago and look forward to returning to the States this fall.