10 Signs College Decisions Are Almost Here

Brace yourself. College admissions week is almost here. It’s going to be an emotional few weeks, so hang in there. Here are 10 signs college acceptance letters are en route to your mailbox!

1. People have started setting countdowns till admission letters are released.

2. You find yourself on edge whenever someone starts a sentence with “Hey, have you heard…?”

3. People’s emotions are all over the place.

4. You are incessantly checking your email…

5. And run home to check the mail immediately after school.

6. You start seeing people not-so-humble-bragging on social media about results.

7. You feign an attitude of “it’s their loss,” but you’re plagued by self doubt.

8. You NEED to talk about it yet you’ve also vowed to never mention the words “college” or “accept” in the same sentence.

9. So you end up unleashing anonymous fury on forums that let you publicly rant.

10. You’re holding out hope for the day your inner scream of agony turns into a scream of joy… because then it’ll be all worth it.

You’re only 2 weeks away from hearing back from the schools you’ve applied to. It’s a lot easier said than done, but remember to breathe!

You should be anxious, but just remember whatever you school you end up, it’s what you make out of it. We’re excited to see all of you Class of 2022 on AdmitSee soon! 

uhoh29
JHU ‘19

Accepted to JHU, Cornell, Northeastern, Fordham, UMD, Wisconsin, Temple

Senior Woodrow Wilson Research Fellow at Johns Hopkins majoring in English and Writing Seminars
tifstar1997

Accepted to Cornell, CMU, Northwestern, JHU, UCSD, UCSB, UC Irvine

Cornell Engineering '19

littlegreentre…

Accepted to Stanford, Cambridge, Princeton, Yale, Brown, UPenn, Columbia, UC Berkeley, UCLA, Swarthmore, Barnard, Wellesley, Duke, NYU, BU

overly ambitious, passionately curious, helplessly perfectionistic

The school year is already in full swing. What if you're a senior who hasn't yet decided on a final college list? Don't panic. Let's get started. If you’re a Freshman, Sophomore, or Junior,...