10 Things You Missed at Super Bowl 50

Last night, the NFL celebrated the 50th Super Bowl with huge performances and hard-hitting football. If you didn’t tune in, what did you miss? Here’s a quick rundown on the most important things you need to know:

1. Peyton Manning became the first quarterback in NFL history to win 200 games.

2. Beyonce and Bruno Mars were the halftime show special guests, and they knocked it out of the park.

3. He also became the first NFL quarterback to win two Super Bowls with two different teams.

4. Coldplay performed at Super Bowl 50’s halftime show, and the crowd played a huge part. A colorful performance sporting a positive message made Coldplay’s performance great.

5. Though both quarterbacks struggled, the defenses played well for both teams. Von Miller won the MVP honor, as he caused two turnovers and finished with 2.5 sacks.

6. Lady Gaga sang the National Anthem, and reminded everyone just how talented she is.

7. Showcased during commercial breaks, there are so many new movies coming out soon. From Marvel to DC, from Jason Bourne to Independence Day 2, 2016 is surely going to be a fun year for film.

8. Simply put: Puppy Monkey Baby is terrifying.

9. On the other hand, Heinz stole the spotlight while catching the hearts of millions with their ketchup ad. Dozens of Dachshunds sprinted through an open field, which, coincidentally, made millions of people immediately want to buy new puppies.

10. You would think Eli Manning, brother of last night’s game-winning QB Peyton Manning, would be happy that his brother just won the Super Bowl. You’d be wrong.

jenee_a

Accepted to Brown, UPenn, Cornell, BU, UMass

Hey! I'm a neuroscience major on the premed track, PLME student, and I love to dance in my free time!
htownbrown

Accepted to Stanford, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, UPenn, Pomona, Williams, Amherst, Claremont (CMC), Northwestern, Vanderbilt, USC, JHU, UC Berkeley, UT Austin, UNC, Tulane, UMich, Georgetown

An aspiring lawyer who wants to make a difference in the world.
BrownDomer
Notre Dame ‘20

Accepted to BU, Emory, Swarthmore, Notre Dame

Hello! I'm an international student from Ethiopia and I'll be majoring in Biology. I'd love to share all the tips and tricks I've learned from my rather unique college application experience with you!