10 Things You Missed at Super Bowl 50

Last night, the NFL celebrated the 50th Super Bowl with huge performances and hard-hitting football. If you didn’t tune in, what did you miss? Here’s a quick rundown on the most important things you need to know:

1. Peyton Manning became the first quarterback in NFL history to win 200 games.

2. Beyonce and Bruno Mars were the halftime show special guests, and they knocked it out of the park.

3. He also became the first NFL quarterback to win two Super Bowls with two different teams.

4. Coldplay performed at Super Bowl 50’s halftime show, and the crowd played a huge part. A colorful performance sporting a positive message made Coldplay’s performance great.

5. Though both quarterbacks struggled, the defenses played well for both teams. Von Miller won the MVP honor, as he caused two turnovers and finished with 2.5 sacks.

6. Lady Gaga sang the National Anthem, and reminded everyone just how talented she is.

7. Showcased during commercial breaks, there are so many new movies coming out soon. From Marvel to DC, from Jason Bourne to Independence Day 2, 2016 is surely going to be a fun year for film.

8. Simply put: Puppy Monkey Baby is terrifying.

9. On the other hand, Heinz stole the spotlight while catching the hearts of millions with their ketchup ad. Dozens of Dachshunds sprinted through an open field, which, coincidentally, made millions of people immediately want to buy new puppies.

10. You would think Eli Manning, brother of last night’s game-winning QB Peyton Manning, would be happy that his brother just won the Super Bowl. You’d be wrong.

Isandres2

Accepted to Utah, Colorado, Colby, Williams, SMCVT

Hi! I go by Izi and I am a current student at Williams College Class of 2019. I hope to be a biology or sociology major with a neuroscience concentration. I am on the NCAA Division 1 alpine ski team here.
ashleyzo

Accepted to USC, Dartmouth, Emory, UMich, Rochester, Lehigh, Miami, Alabama, Ole Miss

Hi! I'm a college freshman who was accepted to some of the best universities in the country (most likely due to my essays). Feel free to ask any questions!
jpm13
Rochester ‘20

Accepted to Rochester, Rutgers, Fordham, College of NJ, Drexel

Hey! I'm a freshman at University of Rochester Class of 2020 interested in double majoring in Biology and Spanish, eventually applying to med school. I'm passionate about studying science, doing research and learning new languages.

Your Final Early Application Checklist
Your Final Early Application Checklist

If you're applying Early Decision or Early Action, use this checklist to make sure you've properly personalized your application and are adequately prepared for the ED/EA process....