10 Things You Missed at Super Bowl 50

Last night, the NFL celebrated the 50th Super Bowl with huge performances and hard-hitting football. If you didn’t tune in, what did you miss? Here’s a quick rundown on the most important things you need to know:

1. Peyton Manning became the first quarterback in NFL history to win 200 games.

2. Beyonce and Bruno Mars were the halftime show special guests, and they knocked it out of the park.

3. He also became the first NFL quarterback to win two Super Bowls with two different teams.

4. Coldplay performed at Super Bowl 50’s halftime show, and the crowd played a huge part. A colorful performance sporting a positive message made Coldplay’s performance great.

5. Though both quarterbacks struggled, the defenses played well for both teams. Von Miller won the MVP honor, as he caused two turnovers and finished with 2.5 sacks.

6. Lady Gaga sang the National Anthem, and reminded everyone just how talented she is.

7. Showcased during commercial breaks, there are so many new movies coming out soon. From Marvel to DC, from Jason Bourne to Independence Day 2, 2016 is surely going to be a fun year for film.

8. Simply put: Puppy Monkey Baby is terrifying.

9. On the other hand, Heinz stole the spotlight while catching the hearts of millions with their ketchup ad. Dozens of Dachshunds sprinted through an open field, which, coincidentally, made millions of people immediately want to buy new puppies.

10. You would think Eli Manning, brother of last night’s game-winning QB Peyton Manning, would be happy that his brother just won the Super Bowl. You’d be wrong.

MichaelR

Accepted to Columbia, Dartmouth, Cornell, UC Berkeley, JHU, Vanderbilt, Rice, UMich, UCLA, UNC, UT Austin, Washington, Ohio State, UCSD

Midwestern kid who loves molecular biology and electronic dance music. Let me help you edit your essays!
niustephanie

Accepted to Stanford, MIT, GA Tech

STEM outreach enthusiast. Poet. Programmer. Advocate for women in STEM.
jackmac401

Theater/business double major from traditional & online highschool background. Can help cut essays & navigate audition/business interview process! On full tuition merit scholarship
nten_nyiam
MIT

Accepted to MIT, CalTech, UChicago, Macaulay Honors

I am a technologically inclined person who likes puzzles, video games, tutoring, late night cramming, and helping others.