10 Things You Missed at Super Bowl 50

Last night, the NFL celebrated the 50th Super Bowl with huge performances and hard-hitting football. If you didn’t tune in, what did you miss? Here’s a quick rundown on the most important things you need to know:

1. Peyton Manning became the first quarterback in NFL history to win 200 games.

2. Beyonce and Bruno Mars were the halftime show special guests, and they knocked it out of the park.

3. He also became the first NFL quarterback to win two Super Bowls with two different teams.

4. Coldplay performed at Super Bowl 50’s halftime show, and the crowd played a huge part. A colorful performance sporting a positive message made Coldplay’s performance great.

5. Though both quarterbacks struggled, the defenses played well for both teams. Von Miller won the MVP honor, as he caused two turnovers and finished with 2.5 sacks.

6. Lady Gaga sang the National Anthem, and reminded everyone just how talented she is.

7. Showcased during commercial breaks, there are so many new movies coming out soon. From Marvel to DC, from Jason Bourne to Independence Day 2, 2016 is surely going to be a fun year for film.

8. Simply put: Puppy Monkey Baby is terrifying.

9. On the other hand, Heinz stole the spotlight while catching the hearts of millions with their ketchup ad. Dozens of Dachshunds sprinted through an open field, which, coincidentally, made millions of people immediately want to buy new puppies.

10. You would think Eli Manning, brother of last night’s game-winning QB Peyton Manning, would be happy that his brother just won the Super Bowl. You’d be wrong.

juliawang143
UPenn

Accepted to UPenn, Illinois, UMich

lover of the Bachelor, avocadoes, hikes, and rewatching Harry Potter for the 1000th time.
Isandres2
Williams

Accepted to Utah, Colorado, Colby, Williams, SMCVT

Hi! I go by Izi and I am a current student at Williams College Class of 2019. I hope to be a biology or sociology major with a neuroscience concentration. I am on the NCAA Division 1 alpine ski team here.
longhornlove
UT Austin

Accepted to UT Austin, Fordham, U of Houston, UBC, Texas A&M

Hey there! I’m Tara, I’m an American born half Colombian, half Persian International Baccalaureate student attending UT Austin in the fall!
kPurl
MIT

Accepted to MIT, CalTech, UNC, Duke, Stanford, Harvard, UPenn

A hardworking student whose applications demonstrated my interest in STEM.