Application Timeline for U.S. and International Students

You’re in the middle of year junior year, and, as you stroll through the halls of your high school, you start to hear about current seniors getting their college application results back. It quickly hits you that you need to start thinking about college applications. Where should you begin? 

Since we’ve been through it before, we thought we’d put together a timeline of important events for both US and international students to remember throughout the admissions process.

Counselors, parents, current college students and professors are your friends, confidante and mentor. They are all great resources to find out more about the colleges you are interested in applying to. If you’re not sure what questions to ask, take the advice of our college users and see what they recommend! 

Preparing for standardized tests is a long process, but you’re not in it alone. There are many tips and tricks for acing the SAT, the new SAT and the ACT. Find out what studying habits best suits you and stick to it. 

Narrowing down and finalizing your college list is hard. There are so many factors to consider, but ask yourself what is most important to you. Academic programs, location, sports, weather - whatever it is, finalize your list based on your priorities and interests. 

It is the best feeling to hit submit on all your college applications! The only thing is that it doesn’t end there. Once you’ve submitted your application, keep track of all financial aid and FAFSA deadlines, and start searching for external scholarship opportunities. (Don’t forget AdmitSee offers a $5000 scholarship!) While you do that, read up on these college interview tips. They will help put you at ease and ace your interviews. 

Getting started on the college admissions process, with no direction or understanding, can be a daunting experience. With so many dates and deadlines to remember, it’s certainly hard to keep track, so make sure to bookmark this page!

kltaylor96

Accepted to Duke, Northwestern, Elon , William & Mary, Centre, Campbell

I am someone who always shoots for the moon so that if I miss, I will land among the stars.

Hello! I'm a Freshman at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School. I plan on concentrating in finance, marketing and social impact. In high school I was active in LGBTQ advocacy and music. I can help with any questions you have about admissions
SChai

Accepted to Georgetown, NYU, Barnard, Northeastern

Hi, I'm Shannon! I'm from San Jose, California, spent a gap year living and working in Leipzig, Germany, and now I go to college in Washington D.C. I've shared everything I can remember about the college application process with y'all! :)
Ves_Nanov

Accepted to Dartmouth, Vassar, Kenyon, UVA

I am an incoming freshman from Bulgaria. I have spent one year as an exchange student in Chicago and look forward to returning to the States this fall.

Student Reviews: Georgetown's Location & Culture
Student Reviews: Georgetown’s Location & Culture

Thinking about applying or enrolling at Georgetown University? See what current Georgetown Hoyas have to say about going to school on the Hilltop.Located in Washington D.C., Georgetown University offers one of the best...