Are You Crushing Post-College-Apps Senior Year?

After months of agonizing effort and time spent writing your name on hundreds of different documents, you’ve finally finished your college applications. What’s next, aside from filling out financial aid forms and deciding where you ultimately want to go? It’s your senior year - you should be having fun. Here’s a little quiz to take so you can see just how well you’re doing now that applications are in:

You applied to college (+1 for yes). You know how they say Christmas is the most wonderful time of year? Well college is the most wonderful time of life. Good on you for taking that leap of faith.

You applied to safety schools (+1 for yes). This is huge. You’ve just made the best life decision by ensuring yourself a college experience. That’s great because you will probably make some terrible ones in the next four years.

You’re tying up loose ends on your college apps (+1 for yes). Your teachers and counselors are very busy this time of year, the last thing you want is for them to “forget something” and cost you an acceptance letter! Good job taking ownership of your apps and following up - transcripts, rec letters, test scores, everything.

You’re spending free time doing what you love (+1 for yes). Refining your vocals for this year’s school musical? Or working on that step-back J for when your team is down by 1? Whatever it is - keep at it. Make the most out of your high school days because it won’t be the same when you have - what’s the word - oh yeah, “adult” responsibilities.

You’re always asking your friends 5 minutes before class “anything due today?” (+1 for yes). Let’s be real, you’ve worked hard for 12 years, you’re just giving yourself a nice break.

Your friends are always asking you 5 minutes before class “anything due today?” (-1 for yes). Let’s be real, you’ve worked hard for 12 years, you should give yourself a nice break.

You go to class without a backpack (+1 for yes). I went to class without a backpack once. Never went with one again.

You go to school without a backpack (+1 for yes). Looks like you’ve got a good grasp on things!

You don’t go to school (-5 for yes). Hey, now. Not cool. Go to school, go to class, don’t upset mother. Ever.

You’re more and more excited about school each day (+3 for yes). This is simply a solid, all-around indicator that you enjoying senior year. All worries are behind you and there are only good things to look forward to. Enjoy the last few months you have with your friends - I promise, you’ll miss them.

BONUS: You applied early, got in and created an AdmitSee Profile! (+2 for yes)

11+ All American: Absolutely. Crushing. It. Do you lift?

8+ Starting Five: Not crushing it, but you’re managing the relationship very well.

5+ 2nd String: You’re on the right track. Keep at it.

3+ D-League: Not quite there yet, but there’s still time to make it right.

0+ Call a doctor: I’m kidding. Honestly, who cares about this quiz? Be happy and laugh more. I’m just writing this because my boss is making everyone at the office write an article.

Ryan Kwok
Ryan Kwok

Ryan is from Hong Kong. He did some stuff at IBM, Barclays and Exicon Global but has now landed his dream job as AdmitSee’s Product Manager (in case his bosses are reading this). He loves to explore, snowboard and play music. He also enjoys writing but was never confident in his work. He’s actually writing this right now. Sup.

clovescirrus

Accepted to Princeton, Dartmouth, Rice, JHU, UVA, UMD, CMU, Vanderbilt

Princeton class of 2020, choir nerd, lover of language. Writing is my favorite thing to do, and I'd love to help you brainstorm/write/revise.

ssp2020

Accepted to MIT, UMich, Rutgers, Cornell, Rice, JHU

computer science / design / music / film
ltan98
Fordham ‘20

Accepted to American, Fordham, Skidmore, Syracuse, UC Irvine, UCSB

Hi there! I went to an American school in Hong Kong from K-12 and will be starting my freshman year at Fordham University at Lincoln Center in the fall. If you're interested in theater and come from overseas, I would be of particular help to you!

Student Insight: How to Approach Transferring Colleges

Not sure if your current university is the best school for you? Consider your transfer options. No one really expects to go through the application process again after senior year in high school. But things...

How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day
How To Succeed on MCAT Test Day

Stressed out about your upcoming MCAT? Our friends at Magoosh will help you through MCAT Test Day! You’ve prepared for the MCAT for months, you’ve selected the right date for you—and it’...

Brown University Class of 2022 Results Released

Brown University admits 738 early decision applicants from the largest early admission application pool Brown has had since the early application program started 16 years ago. The 738 students who received good news from Brown make up 21.1% of...