Boston College: Bringing in Speakers to Inspire Students

Going to college isn’t just about the location of the school, the classes they offer, or the professors that they have - it’s also about the speakers that they bring in to inspire the student body. This fall semester Boston College has brought in notable speakers from different background to speak on topics that range from slam poetry to sports! PJMarino share some of the highlight speakers that inspired he:

Lily Myers

If you don’t already know slam poet Lily Myers, then you should really check out her poem “Shrinking Women” that went viral. As part of the Love Your Body Week at Boston College, she spoke about gender, feminism and the importance of having a dialogue. Myers’ skills are very impressive, and it was really cool to see this unique form of expression. On top of all of this, it was incredible to see how Myers uses something she is passionate about to spread an important message to others, inspiring those in the audience to do the same!

Rena Finder

Rena Finder, a Holocaust survivor, shared her incredibly courageous and inspiring story with an audience at Boston College. Through her story, Finder connected her experience to modern day life by reminding people to stand up for one another. Don’t be like those who said there’s nothing we can do, but be like the Oskar Schindler’s in the world- be the people who will make a difference.

arn.s.wu
UCSB ‘22

Accepted to UCSB, Emory, BC, Tulane, UC Irvine, Santa Clara, UCSC, SDSU

I'm a first generation college student starting a physics major at UCSB this fall.

yuzhushi
UMD ‘20

Accepted to UMD, JHU, Duke, Case, Swarthmore, Penn State

Hello! I'm a senior at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School, and I am concentrating in finance and statistics.