Boston College: Bringing in Speakers to Inspire Students

Going to college isn’t just about the location of the school, the classes they offer, or the professors that they have - it’s also about the speakers that they bring in to inspire the student body. This fall semester Boston College has brought in notable speakers from different background to speak on topics that range from slam poetry to sports! PJMarino share some of the highlight speakers that inspired he:

Lily Myers

If you don’t already know slam poet Lily Myers, then you should really check out her poem “Shrinking Women” that went viral. As part of the Love Your Body Week at Boston College, she spoke about gender, feminism and the importance of having a dialogue. Myers’ skills are very impressive, and it was really cool to see this unique form of expression. On top of all of this, it was incredible to see how Myers uses something she is passionate about to spread an important message to others, inspiring those in the audience to do the same!

Rena Finder

Rena Finder, a Holocaust survivor, shared her incredibly courageous and inspiring story with an audience at Boston College. Through her story, Finder connected her experience to modern day life by reminding people to stand up for one another. Don’t be like those who said there’s nothing we can do, but be like the Oskar Schindler’s in the world- be the people who will make a difference.

ashleyzo

Accepted to USC, Dartmouth, Emory, UMich, Rochester, Lehigh, Miami, Alabama, Ole Miss

Hi! I'm a college freshman who was accepted to some of the best universities in the country (most likely due to my essays). Feel free to ask any questions!

MichaelR

Accepted to Columbia, Dartmouth, Cornell, UC Berkeley, Johns Hopkins, Vanderbilt, Rice, UMich, UCLA, UNC, UT Austin, Washington, Ohio State, UCSD

Midwestern kid who loves molecular biology and electronic dance music. Let me help you edit your essays!
aebrennen

Accepted to Yale, UPenn, Davidson, UNC, UMich, Emory, Northwestern, Wake Forest, UVA, UKentucky, William & Mary, Miami OH, Vanderbilt

Passionate about education from the great state of Kentucky.

USC Merit-Based Scholarships You Should Know About

Worried about how you can afford to attend a private university? If you’re applying to the University of Southern California, there are a few merit-based scholarships you should know to alleviate the cost. As...

Student Insight: What to Expect from College Interviews

Not sure what to expect from a college interview? We asked 5 students to share their college interview experiences with you. First thing you should know about college interviews is that they are not required. More...