Inside Look: Brandeis’ Frisbee Club

When you first get to college, everything is new and exciting. However, once students have gotten settled into freshman life and gotten their bearings of their courses and initial social opportunities, they have the chance to explore extracurricular activities, including various student clubs and campus organizations. Here, Zkaufman from Brandeis University shares one of the best student clubs to be member of and why he chose to join:

When I first got to college I found a good group of friends, but I didn’t feel like I was a part of something. One of my friends suggested joining a frat, but that wasn’t really my scene. Flash-forward a week, and Brandeis was holding a club fair. There were so many clubs, and it was extremely overwhelming. I quickly ruled out the acapella groups and improv groups because I did not like to perform in front of large crowds. That didn’t help fix the fact that there were still an outrageous number to choose from. I was walking through the rows of clubs, and I came across “Tron” (the Frisbee Team). There was something about the group that stood out from the others. They all seemed like each other’s best friend, and they were all very tight. I had not played Frisbee in a number of years, but I said “what the hell” and decided to go to the first few practices just to see what they were like. I learned two things from that first practice: I was extremely out of shape, and I really liked the crew on the team. 

USC

Stanford

rodmoretti
Princeton

Accepted to Columbia, GA Tech, Northwestern, Princeton, UGA

As a part of Princeton Class of 2019, I know how difficult the application process is...I got denied, accepted, and wait-listed to several places. Let me help you find your path to success!
yujin2023
Brown

Accepted to Brown, Amherst, Duke, Emory, Santa Clara, USC, Pacific, Vanderbilt, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UCSB, UCSD, UC Davis, UC Irvine

Nature lover, STEM nerd. Will likely be late because of who I am as a person.