Inside Look: Brandeis’ Frisbee Club

When you first get to college, everything is new and exciting. However, once students have gotten settled into freshman life and gotten their bearings of their courses and initial social opportunities, they have the chance to explore extracurricular activities, including various student clubs and campus organizations. Here, Zkaufman from Brandeis University shares one of the best student clubs to be member of and why he chose to join:

When I first got to college I found a good group of friends, but I didn’t feel like I was a part of something. One of my friends suggested joining a frat, but that wasn’t really my scene. Flash-forward a week, and Brandeis was holding a club fair. There were so many clubs, and it was extremely overwhelming. I quickly ruled out the acapella groups and improv groups because I did not like to perform in front of large crowds. That didn’t help fix the fact that there were still an outrageous number to choose from. I was walking through the rows of clubs, and I came across “Tron” (the Frisbee Team). There was something about the group that stood out from the others. They all seemed like each other’s best friend, and they were all very tight. I had not played Frisbee in a number of years, but I said “what the hell” and decided to go to the first few practices just to see what they were like. I learned two things from that first practice: I was extremely out of shape, and I really liked the crew on the team. 

tifstar1997

Accepted to Cornell, CMU, Northwestern, Johns Hopkins, UCSD, UCSB, UC Irvine

Cornell Engineering '19
tngreen55593

Accepted to Georgetown, UT Austin, Texas Christian, Texas A&M, Richmond, Pepperdine

A hard worker that is living the dream.

Hello! I'm a Freshman at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School. I plan on concentrating in finance, marketing and social impact. In high school I was active in LGBTQ advocacy and music. I can help with any questions you have about admissions
niathuravil
Rutgers ‘20

Accepted to Rutgers, NYU, Fordham, UMass, Colorado, MSU, Illinois, Arizona, Washington

Your local political astronaut with a passion for the prolific things in life.