Inside Look: Brandeis’ Frisbee Club

When you first get to college, everything is new and exciting. However, once students have gotten settled into freshman life and gotten their bearings of their courses and initial social opportunities, they have the chance to explore extracurricular activities, including various student clubs and campus organizations. Here, Zkaufman from Brandeis University shares one of the best student clubs to be member of and why he chose to join:

When I first got to college I found a good group of friends, but I didn’t feel like I was a part of something. One of my friends suggested joining a frat, but that wasn’t really my scene. Flash-forward a week, and Brandeis was holding a club fair. There were so many clubs, and it was extremely overwhelming. I quickly ruled out the acapella groups and improv groups because I did not like to perform in front of large crowds. That didn’t help fix the fact that there were still an outrageous number to choose from. I was walking through the rows of clubs, and I came across “Tron” (the Frisbee Team). There was something about the group that stood out from the others. They all seemed like each other’s best friend, and they were all very tight. I had not played Frisbee in a number of years, but I said “what the hell” and decided to go to the first few practices just to see what they were like. I learned two things from that first practice: I was extremely out of shape, and I really liked the crew on the team. 

loisvve1
Stanford

Accepted to Stanford, Yale, Columbia, UGA

Pre-Med, language enthusiast, professional sandwich artiste.
jenee_a
Brown

Accepted to Brown, UPenn, Cornell, BU, UMass

Hey! I'm a neuroscience major on the premed track, PLME student, and I love to dance in my free time!
caitlynatyale
Yale

Accepted to Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Brown, UC Berkeley, Pomona, UCSB, Pepperdine, Wellesley, UCLA, USC

I was accepted to Harvard, Stanford, Yale, Brown, Berkeley Regents/Chancellors, UCLA Honors. Ask me how.
lizolat
Yale

Accepted to Yale, Harvard, Princeton, JHU, Duke, Brown, Dartmouth, WashU, USF, Florida, UCF

Hello, my name is Elizabeth! I graduated from a public high school in Florida, and was accepted to all 11 colleges I applied to. I am now a student at Yale University studying bio!