Classes You Should Take at Xavier University

Getting tired of taking high school subjects? In college, there are so many courses that they offer, ranging from photography to human rights issues, and from sports management to econometrics. During your 4 years at college, you are unlikely to come across all of them, but if you are planning to attend Xavier University, GoMuskies16, a junior at Xavier, is here to tell you which courses to look out for!

1. Management 300: Managerial Behaviors: Before I went to college I thought that I was set on being a sport management major despite my parents wanting me to major in business, but that all changed once I took this class. I learned what it is like to be a manager and how to make the best decisions possible in a competitive environment. The idea of being the leader of a division or company and having the power to bring others along with myself to success inspired me to change my major to Business Management. I learned the business was not just numbers and paperwork, but a whole new exciting culture and my new career path.

asdf
Want to know more about Xavier? Unlock GoMuskies16’s Admit Profile now!

2. Economics 300: Global Trade Environment: This business class was unlike any other economics classes I had taken before. We did not spend every class going over graphs and formulas but rather we learned about economies all over world and how different countries do business. This class gave me a more worldly view on business as we learned about how different countries became economically successful and why as well as what hindered countries that did not. I thoroughly enjoyed learned about different aspects of a country’s culture and how that impacts how the country itself as well as how foreign countries do business.

3. English Composition 124: This was the very first class I sat down in my first semester freshman year, and as a nervous and not to mention underdressed freshman I did not know what to expect from a college course. Before I found my niche at Xavier I was able to express myself in this class through my writing and it really helped me become more outgoing in my first semester of college. This was a very open ended class and we were able to choose many of our topics ourselves given a specific theme. The freedom and thought provoking environment of this class made it one of if not my favorite course I have taken at Xavier.  

Found this interesting? Leave a comment and let us know!

tngreen55593

Accepted to Georgetown, UT Austin, Texas Christian, Texas A&M, Richmond, Pepperdine

A hard worker that is living the dream.
jcollica524
Emory ‘22

Accepted to Emory, Tulane, GA Tech, GWU, Binghamton, UMD, UMich, Northeastern, USC

Hey! I'm a hard-working data/business major who loves to help high school students with college apps! Message me with any questions!

jackmac401

Theater/business double major from classic and online highschool background. Here to help navigate audition and business interview processes! On full tuition scholarship

Your Final Early Application Checklist
Your Final Early Application Checklist

If you're applying Early Decision or Early Action, use this checklist to make sure you've properly personalized your application and are adequately prepared for the ED/EA process....